Wild Card Round GDT: Ravens vs. Titans

SalvadorsDeli

Just finished rewatching the game highlights from last year. All I know is I’m glad we at least have an upgraded WR core over that trash unit. I mean Andrews was playing very hurt from what he finally admitted/let it slip in a presser leading to this current game.

But the key drops by Willie Snead and Seth Roberts, smh. Roberts especially, if he catches that pass we’re only down 1 score and we’re no longer pressing. The defense was doing its part to contain the Titans offense outside of a few Henry runs.

The offense this season, while not as efficient as last season, is such an overall better and more dangerous unit. It’s honestly not even close IMO. Andrews is probably slightly better, Snead is the same, Dez is definitely better than Seth Roberts, Boykin down the stretch has improved and is better than last year, Hurst to Duvernay is about the same. Hurst could stretch the seam and had superior hands, but Duvernay can also stretch the seam (just sucks at tracking the ball), but he can be used in the short passing attack and as a jet sweep runner. His versatility has me have him push Hurst, at worst, he’s simply a very slight downgrade. Hollywood is a noticeable downgrade, but the RBs are WAYYY better than last season. Dobbins is easily better than peak 19’ Ingram, Gus is easily better than 19 Gus, and Hill is easily better than his 19’ Hill,  he just sees less opportunities. Ingram is... still a good leader.

Honestly it’s pretty amazing that Lamar was able to produce to the degree that he did last season. The offensive talent, outside of the OL and TE, wasn’t particularly exception. Our RBs were only good, but not great- like this season. Pretty crazy.

23 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

REALLY getting annoyed by the ‘Lamar is a choker’ talk. Honestly I hope he goes on a Joe Flacco circa 2013 playoffs type run, just to shut these idiotic takes of “he’s not elite because he’s lost twice in the playoffs” up.

And that’s at 0-2 at 24 years old.

Imagine the crap we’d have to deal with if God forbid he starts off 0-3 😂

• Like 1

I’m actually almost positive the goalposts would move though. 

Let’s say he wins this game but loses a close game in the divisional against the Chiefs.

You already know “can’t win a playoff game” would turn into “1-3 in the playoffs lmaoooo”.

Honestly not even worth debating Lamar Jackson with people. They will have already made up their mind about him and it’s counterproductive to your time to do so.

• Like 4

Lamar Jackson will definitely have to be prepared to communicate loudly at the LOS for the first time all season.

If these Bills fans are anything to go off of, we’ll certainly have to deal with that element of game preparation, for sure. Hopefully the coaches added that to their prep plan this week.

Edited by diamondbull424

I've done the risk / reward analysis for tomorrow's game and have decided to sleep through it.

- I woke up at 4:30 PM PST today, so I'll have to set an alarm and force myself up anyway.

- My back is a little ached after some overhead pressing a couple days ago, am currently nursing a knot.

So already just getting up to watch the game is a hassle and I won't be in a lot of comfort. The best case scenario is me waking up early by alarm with a hurt back and sitting through a game which we eventually win. Problem is, watching it live you get all that stress and the roller coaster ride of emotions. Which can be worth it.., but not in this case. Losing this one would be a disaster of pretty epic proportions despite it just being a WC game. Dropping 3 straight to another AFC contender and 3 straight playoffs games, with each instance having us as the superior(on paper at least) team- is pretty horrific to think about. What it says about our coaches, players, and the direction of the franchise is not something I want to ponder in the previously mentioned state. That ish lingers on you throughout the F'n day.

If I sleep through the game and we win, yippy. I get to watch a stress free playoff dub with no tension, anxiety, rage, etc. If I sleep through the game and we lose, yippy. I didn't have to watch one of the darkest moments in franchise history lol. I really can't sit through another one of these opening round playoff choke jobs.

For the superstitious folks out there, you should be really happy about my decision. We've never lost when I've slept through our first playoff game of a season. 2010 Wild Card against the Chiefs and 2011 Divisional against the Texans, your boy was snoozing. Combined, 30 point margin of victory.

So best of luck to our team and all of the forum's live watchers. Let's hope for a strong strong win tomorrow. 

• Like 1