Did the OLINE convert to a zone blocking scheme

Humble_Beast

Please please no ZBS.. the whole point of our O Line is we are big, physical, and can power block. Giving up on our O Line 5 games into the year is a atrocious decision by our staff. 

We had an off game vs Washington and then played two Top 5 Defenses. If our staff goes into panic mode we are done for. ZBS.. please god no. 

If we have been running ZBS all year, it explains our struggles 100%. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Please please no ZBS.. the whole point of our O Line is we are big, physical, and can power block. Giving up on our O Line 5 games into the year is a atrocious decision by our staff. 

We had an off game vs Washington and then played two Top 5 Defenses. If our staff goes into panic mode we are done for. ZBS.. please god no. 

If we have been running ZBS all year, it explains our struggles 100%. 

That was one play from week one. Far from certain we have moved to the system as a whole. Also worth noting that Beast has been giving input on the running game. I don't know how that has affected the scheme but we know he loves running with the ZBS.

18 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

You don't can a 1st year coordinator that has shown talent and is close with the QB. You develop him. Support him with.

By hiring a veteran to help him out ala Pagano signing? 

I'm more of the fabric of hire good play callers to begin with. I get rolling the dice on young unknowns when you have a rebuilding team. But when you have talent and it's clear you're being out coached, it points to a larger problem. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

By hiring a veteran to help him out ala Pagano signing? 

I'm more of the fabric of hire good play callers to begin with. I get rolling the dice on young unknowns when you have a rebuilding team. But when you have talent and it's clear you're being out coached, it points to a larger problem. 

Well two things there...One...he was a hot commodity and we didn't want to lose him. So we had to step up or wave bye. ATM you can see why they did.

Now will the job prove to be too much for him. It is WAY too early to tell that.

Your second point isn't necessarily on all on Downing. Yes, we have talent and there are things we can do differently to try to improve the offense. Now we have to find workable solutions. Whether they are play-calling, scheme fits, game planing, team focus, players(injuries and depth), defenses having good game plans or a bit of everything. The worst thing you could do is fire him now.

Today we salute you, Mr. If-it-aint-broke-you-haven't-tried-to-fix-it-yet guy,

Wearing nothing but a whistle and a clipboard, you gallant about obliterating the best O-line in football.

Sure, they ranked first in pass block and 2nd in run blocking last year.......but can they swim synchronized in a pool of boiling water to the tune of "Sexy and I Know it"? 

No? Then it's time to get to work. 

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, LMFAO Swimming Coach. 'Cause we all know,  when the going gets tough, the tough go swimmin'

9 hours ago, NickButera said:

Wearing nothing but a whistle and a clipboard, you gallant about obliterating the best O-line in football.

Sure, they ranked first in pass block and 2nd in run blocking last year.......but can they swim synchronized in a pool of boiling water to the tune of "Sexy and I Know it"? 

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, LMFAO Swimming Coach. 'Cause we all know,  when the going gets tough, the tough go swimmin'

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, NickButera said:

I'll have one of whatever you're having.  Unless its a Bud Light, in which case....how did a Bud Light do this to you? lmao

12 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'll have one of whatever you're having.  Unless its a Bud Light, in which case....how did a Bud Light do this to you? lmao

Seem like the one Bud light that did it was proceeded by the other 5 that came with it while he was down a youtube rabbithole of 90's commercials.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived