2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

Just now, EAGLES3658 said:

Wentz just has a lot to overcome to even be a good QB again, let alone a franchise QB. I don't think Wentz ever gets back to being a franchise QB and therefore, IMO it is best to move on from him. One, he has declined physically, he is not the same QB. He is a complete mental case right now so that is another pretty big obstacle. His mechanics have gotten progressively worse each year and are really bad right now. He'd have to completely overhaul his mechanics to start being consistently accurate. There are just a lot of speed bumps in his path. This is just issues we can see on the field and doesn't take into account the locker room issues, him refusing to run the offense issues, etc. 

Almost guarantee he balls out if he goes to a team with a good structure in place that will work with him instead of trying to force him to be something he's not and not even correct fundamentals.

Just now, Danger said:

This is just confirmation bias.

Wentz had 270 yards against Washington, Hurts had 72.

Hurts was bad and was pulled early. You can also argue that the Wentz game was the first game of the season before he became completely broken and before Washington's defense put it together.

Just now, Danger said:

Almost guarantee he balls out if he goes to a team with a good structure in place that will work with him instead of trying to force him to be something he's not and not even correct fundamentals.

Time will tell. I don't think he balls out anywhere. I can see him becoming a good QB somewhere else but not someone worth giving huge money to. 

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

The biggest problem I have with this argument is there is legit no chance that coaches aren't teaching him proper fundamentals here. It's just not possible they saw Carson over striding and using terrible footwork all training camp and didn't at least attempt to tweak his mechanics to be in a workable state. Hell, most QBs have coaches they work with in the offseason that aren't even related to the teams that help them dial in mechanics. Wentz wasn't listening. I know you have a massive hate boner for our current coaching staff, and I am far from saying they are good at what they do, but this idea that they aren't even TRYING to help their players is just ridiculous.

If Wentz goes out and balls out somewhere else,  fixes his mechanics,  and looks like a real QB again it is because this was a wake up call in Philly and he realized he had to change how he played the game. Again, not saying that the coaching staff was perfect with him, he almost certainly was lacking accountability since 2017 and was not being coached up properly, but the mechanics issues are still on Wentz.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yea I dunno. Sounding like Carson is pretty toxic.
#AlshonymousWasRight

Whether you like it or not, Wentz is gone. He had golden opportunity to clear air on all these rumors and declined to talk to reporters, which tells me all I need to know. Sad that he is such an entitled diva and is forcing his way out despite the ludicrous money he is paid. Sad that we as an organization played a big role in driving him to this point by failing to help him for years. I really just want to hit the hard reset button, I don't like anybody anymore lol. Doug is a joke. Howie is borderline evil. Wentz is soft. Our best players are too old. Our young players stink. Boo.

Hopefully there are teams that look at Wentz and see a franchise QB who had a fluke year, and can be had on a well below market value $98M 4 year deal, and we get some nice compensation.... but there is a possibility that the entire league has turned on him and consider Wentz a giant project at this point and worth no more than the 4th/5th you'd spend on the typical project QB in the raft.