2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

9 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah that and ppl saying they overpaid and he's overrated. Just trying to figure out CB2.

It’s a huge hole for sure. But yeah the fit and history of CBs getting paid that much and not working out....I’m not losing any sleep over it. Adoree is a solid player.

If we trade down from 6 there are options, lots in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The nice thing with the new scheme is CB will be covered up on a consistent basis, so you can find bodies or older guys to fit. As well as some guys in the draft that don’t fit some other schemes as well.

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Why does everyone ingnore this? I just watched like 10 free agents get 1 million dollar base salaries for 2021. 

There'd be no point, we aren't winning anything this year, unless you want to forever be stuck in mediocrity. 2021 is a punt year, you come back once you're in a better position to do so instead of just trying to claw for 8-8 every single year.

15 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

there is no reason to spend money we are gonna be bad no matter what 

We have a hurt O-line coming back and still have a good D-line. If you can win in the trenches and have a good QB, you're not that terrible of a team. Hurts needs to show up and prove that he can be the man, or else yeah it could get ugly. 

We do have a ton of draft picks though... 

Go Birds

MC

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I'll take Nelson, Hayward or Bouye but I'm assuming we're going to end up with TJ Carrie or another lower level FA. 

I'd like Breeland, Dunbar if not Nelson. We gotta be in on him if we were in on Jackson. I would hope so anyways.