2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

I frankly don't care if Howie is fired or not, because Doug was by far the biggest issue.

Ferris, There's a good chance that Kerrigan is done, that's not the argument that's being made. Given that both Julio Jones and Ryan Kerrigan are 32, but Kerrigan only costs $3M and no draft capital whereas Julio will cost at least a 2nd round pick and change, as well as ~$18M for each of the next 3 seasons. 

Kerrigan is low risk. Jones is high risk and likely derails our long terms plans by investing that kind of capital into him. Kerrigan is just filling a spot and on the off chance he's reinvigorated this year, cool. Nobody is expecting much from him, but it could be a pleasant surprise. Very little downside to bringing him on board. Can also give us a lot of insight into Washington's scheme.

Imagine thinking that signing Kerrigan helps this team become better. 

90% chance Julio has some legs left and helps develop Hurts. It comes down to players who help regardless of salary. 

Say you don't sign Kerrigan, get his 3MM back, then you have Ertz done and get his money back. You get a chance at making a CB move and a WR move. Now, you have less options.

Edited by FerrisBueller

1 minute ago, FerrisBueller said:

90% chance Julio has some legs left and helps develop Hurts. It comes down to players who help regardless of salary. 

Why would Julio come to Philly? The whole point of being traded is a shot at a SB. That's not happening in 2021 or probably 2022 as a Eagle. 

Last thing this team needs is a Disgruntled Veteran WR traded to place he doesn't want to be with a large cap hit. Regardless if he can help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FerrisBueller said:

Say you don't sign Kerrigan, get his 3MM back, then you have Ertz done and get his money back. You get a chance at making a CB move and a WR move. Now, you have less options.

If Kerrigan fails the Eagles are out 1m. If the eagles trade for Julio and he fails, the eagles are out a first round pick. Also, the standards for success are different for the two players. Kerrigan has to be a productive part time passrusher for 1 year to be a successful signing. Julio would have to play at a very high level for several years for it to be even close to worth trading a first or second round pick. Maybe you are right and Kerrigan is done (even though you have a complete lack of evidence to support your claim) and it ends up being a wasted signing. Who really cares that much when the investment is so small? BTW, he got more like 1 or 2m and the rest is incentives. Not to mention Kerrigan will not be in a position to take a key young player's snaps, whereas Julio would take snaps away from our young WRs. You are entitled to believing whatever nonsense you want but don't expect people around here to buy into it.

• Like 1

The only downside to the Kerrigan signing is him taking playing time from younger guys. The younger guys who are at his position are Avery, Patrick Johnson and idk who else? Not exactly taking snaps from guys who are projected keys for our future. I don't think Sweat's snaps are affected by him being here. You really have to squint to see any negatives to signing him.

39 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I´m honestly flabbergasted that this is a real debate about the two signings and also that one is indicative and also in some way related.

Me, Howie hater as I am, can´t even make the bridge here. 

It’s almost like someone who has no idea what he is talking about is the only one dying on this hill 

Also still waiting for any tangible evidence that Kerrigan is “done”.

• Like 2

Tommy Lawlor suggested that the Eagles should look at a Ertz for Jordan Hicks trade with the Cardinals. According to what every media source says Ertz is likely to be traded or cut at some point this offseason. With the Cardinals selecting two linebackers in back to back drafts, Hicks could be on the way out in Arizona. If Arizona is looking to part ways with  Hicks, I wouldn't mind bringing him back into the fold. Hicks, Wilson, Singleton, Edwards would be a decent rotation.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’s almost like someone who has no idea what he is talking about is the only one dying on this hill 

Also still waiting for any tangible evidence that Kerrigan is “done”.

If anything, the stats suggest Kerrigan was UNDER-utilized last year. He was super productive in a reserve/bench role. Excited to see what he can do as a 4th (lol) DE. I mean....it’s a 4th DE! Who was our 4th last year? Curry?! 

33 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Tommy Lawlor suggested that the Eagles should look at a Ertz for Jordan Hicks trade with the Cardinals. According to what every media source says Ertz is likely to be traded or cut at some point this offseason. With the Cardinals selecting two linebackers in back to back drafts, Hicks could be on the way out in Arizona. If Arizona is looking to part ways with  Hicks, I wouldn't mind bringing him back into the fold. Hicks, Wilson, Singleton, Edwards would be a decent rotation.

If it’s player for player I guess you could do worse. Would rather have them ransom a team for a 2nd though. 

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I´m honestly flabbergasted that this is a real debate about the two signings and also that one is indicative and also in some way related.

Me, Howie hater as I am, can´t even make the bridge here. 

Was thinking the same thing. Why even continue to address it ya know?