2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

The eagles also just hired a wide receiver guy to "fix wentz" so questionable if that is even the direction.

Doesn't have to be the HC that fixes Wentz and Sirianni has also coached QBs a couple seasons in San Diego. He worked with an older Rivers, so I don't know how much to put into that and he got moved to WRs coach in 2016 and 2017 after being QB coach the two previous years. Shane Steichen was the offensive quality control coach that moved into his spot as QBs coach in 2016 and that's who we are interviewing now. Steichen played QB unlike Sirianni who played WR. So, I would guess he and the QB coach would be more responsible for turning around Wentz if possible. That was kind of the way it was with the Eagles. It was more Reich (OC) and DeFilippo (QB) that were responsible for the growth from 2016 to 2017.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I honestly feel he'll fetch a 4th. Late 3rd is possible if you end up having multiple teams looking for his services.

Word on the street is the Colts, as well as a few other teams are interested in him. Could def drive up his price. The writer of the article suggested that we'd only get back a conditional late round pick, but idk why he'd think that's all we'd get. I think a 3rd is totally feasible and a 4th is pretty much guaranteed.

25 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Word on the street is the Colts, as well as a few other teams are interested in him. Could def drive up his price. The writer of the article suggested that we'd only get back a conditional late round pick, but idk why he'd think that's all we'd get. I think a 3rd is totally feasible and a 4th is pretty much guaranteed.

From the sound of it it seems like we are getting a late 3rd. Maybe they swap our 5th for their 4th as a kicker.

Who's gonna be a cap casualty? Who do we trade?

Cox? (8 mill in cap if post june 1st cut or trade)
Barnett? (10 mill in cap if cut or traded)
Hargrave? (10 million in cap if post june 1st trade)
Graham? (8 mill in cap if post june 1st cut or trade)
Seumalo? 2.5 mill in cap if post june 1st cut or traded
Maddox? 2 mill in cap

D Jax is an obvious cut
Ertz is an obvious trade

Not sure if I did the maths right

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Maddox? 2 mill in cap

D Jax is an obvious cut
Ertz is an obvious trade

tbh

I have no dang clue how we're gonna get under the cap. Saints are even worse than us though.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Maddox? 2 mill in cap

D Jax is an obvious cut
Ertz is an obvious trade

I think they re did alshon and malik deals to be the post june 1st cuts. I don't think we can make any more of those.