2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

34 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Jesus is Stafford THAT better than Goff👀👀

maybe. They do kind of need to hit on an interior OL or two though.

actually probably. I'm of the opinion that Goff sucks and Stafford is at least average.

Edited by Jeezla

I think Stafford is a fringe top 10 QB, while Goff is a borderline franchise QB, so this is definitely an upgrade to me. An upgrade worth 2 1st round picks? Eh, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it quickly pays off. That being said, with all the 1sts they've traded, you'd think their window is getting narrower and narrower. Clear that FO just doesn't value 1sts too much. and it has yet to bite them. Also they are not afraid to move on quickly from mistakes and just eat the dead cap (Gurley, Cooks, now Goff). Another thing that may or may not come back to bite them. TBD.

I think it works out for the Rams. In that I mean they are strong SB competitors for the next couple years. It seems that’s the goal here. Donald, Ramsey, Stafford, Woods and Kupp primed to win now.  The 1sts given up, they haven’t had one since Goff and will not have one until 2024 possibly, will eventually bite them in the *** but maybe they walk with a couple SBs in return. Probably a good proposition. A first+ for stafford and a first to take on Goff’s contract (maybe too much) is probably market value. Goff isn’t that bad but he’s going to be in a worse situation so I think it’ll be bad for him there. Lions will be bottom dwellers for the next few years but that’s seemingly what they want. But now they have plenty to get them out quick. They may even get their QB this year and let him sit a year and be ready to ball in 2022 with plenty of weapons coming. Good for both sides I think. Stafford or Goff weren’t going to win at their former spots. 

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think Stafford is a fringe top 10 QB, while Goff is a borderline franchise QB, so this is definitely an upgrade to me. An upgrade worth 2 1st round picks? Eh, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it quickly pays off. That being said, with all the 1sts they've traded, you'd think their window is getting narrower and narrower. Clear that FO just doesn't value 1sts too much. and it has yet to bite them. Also they are not afraid to move on quickly from mistakes and just eat the dead cap (Gurley, Cooks, now Goff). Another thing that may or may not come back to bite them. TBD.

Its interesting to see how their unorthodox approach goes

Just not so sure how much better this makes the Rams. It elevates them for sure, but for that price? Gotta squint my eyes to see it personally. Stafford is a good solid QB, but I don't think he's worth all that in relation to where I see him as a playoff QB. He's exited in wildcard weekend every time he's made it.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just not so sure how much better this makes the Rams. It elevates them for sure, but for that price? Gotta squint my eyes to see it personally. Stafford is a good solid QB, but I don't think he's worth all that in relation to where I see him as a playoff QB. He's exited in wildcard weekend every time he's made it.

Im not a big stafford guy but on that squad he should definitely help them get closer to a SB. I don't think they'll ever win one with him but maybe a NFC championship game in the next two years. That's not worth the price imo but hey it's not my squad so idrc

How do I look at this? Do I think we should go in a rebuild mode while paying a top dollar contract as the Qb? Do I think Hurts can be a top 10 QB?

For Wentz he can easily be a top 10 QB again, but do I want to sell at his all time low? If we get a 1st and maybe a 3rd I think we should pull the trigger. If its the broncos first I will be ecstatic. This offseason is going to be painful to watch as there won't be deals made for us just us trying to fix our cap, but trading Wentz and getting out of the bad contracts will set us up for future years.

I'm trying to trade Wentz and Hurts since I don't think he's the one. I really think we can get a 2nd for him.

I think Justin Fields is going to be a really good QB and I would take him at 6 and draft Waddle or DeVonta Smith at 9. He's very accurate, always places the ball in the right spot with anticipation. 

I think Elway would love Wentz as he is basically his ideal Qb