2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

If Jets or Dolphins move 2 or 3 for Russ  it’d be great for us getting Chase. Even better if the other one gets Watson and 1-3 are all QBs, Falcons take QB #4 or move it for another team. (Though I doubt they’d take Chase). Then you’d just have to hope the bengals go OT.

This is bad though if you love one of these QB prospects however. 

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If Jets or Dolphins move 2 or 3 for Russ  it’d be great for us getting Chase. Even better if the other one gets Watson and 1-3 are all QBs, Falcons take QB #4 or move it for another team. (Though I doubt they’d take Chase). Then you’d just have to hope the bengals go OT.

This is bad though if you love one of these QB prospects however. 

I think the only team that would/will take Chase before us is Cinci.
Miami will probably take Sewell. Regardless of what happens with Watson/Wilson, a QB is going #1 and #2. Miami either takes Sewell or trades down to some team wanting their pick of Fields/Lance, but a WR most likely isn't going 3rd ovderall.
I don't see Atlanta trading Julio and using #4 overall to another WR. They probably take a QB, DL, or Sewell at 4 (if Miami trades #3 to a team moving up for a QB).
If Sewell is gone, Cinci take Chase. Then we either take Pitts, Paye, a QB, or trade down and take Slater/Devonta/Parsons/Waddle (but those guys all go before our trade-down pick, so we end up with Phillips or Rousseau at DE).
If Sewell is still there at #5, then Chase is ours. Our whole draft pretty much hinges upon Sewell being available for the Bengals.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think the only team that would/will take Chase before us is Cinci.
Miami will probably take Sewell. Regardless of what happens with Watson/Wilson, a QB is going #1 and #2. Miami either takes Sewell or trades down to some team wanting their pick of Fields/Lance, but a WR most likely isn't going 3rd ovderall.
I don't see Atlanta trading Julio and using #4 overall to another WR. They probably take a QB, DL, or Sewell at 4 (if Miami trades #3 to a team moving up for a QB).
If Sewell is gone, Cinci take Chase. Then we either take Pitts, Paye, a QB, or trade down and take Slater/Devonta/Parsons/Waddle (but those guys all go before our trade-down pick, so we end up with Phillips or Rousseau at DE).
If Sewell is still there at #5, then Chase is ours. Our whole draft pretty much hinges upon Sewell being available for the Bengals.

Miami has the luxury of two top 20 picks, so I could see them going with the stud WR. I think #4 only goes Chase if say Atlanta moves up for Wilson and the Jets take Chase and stick with Darnold...not likely to happen and on top of it there is a better chance they take Sewell or Slater.

Worst case is if the Jets go Sewell and Miami doesn’t trade their pick. No way he’d get to us then.

Personally if I was the Bengals I’d consider Pitts pretty highly. They aren’t devoid of talent at WR. Go Pitts, take one of those OLinemen that are hovering in the 25-40 range in the 2nd and then go BPA in round 3.

Only guys rn I’d be fine taking straight up at #6 if Chase is gone would be Pitts and Smith. I’d get a QB pick. And the two OTs are worth it, it’s just like the one position we kinda have some good future prospects at.

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Miami has the luxury of two top 20 picks, so I could see them going with the stud WR. I think #4 only goes Chase if say Atlanta moves up for Wilson and the Jets take Chase and stick with Darnold...not likely to happen and on top of it there is a better chance they take Sewell or Slater.

Worst case is if the Jets go Sewell and Miami doesn’t trade their pick. No way he’d get to us then.

Personally if I was the Bengals I’d consider Pitts pretty highly. They aren’t devoid of talent at WR. Go Pitts, take one of those OLinemen that are hovering in the 25-40 range in the 2nd and then go BPA in round 3.

Only guys rn I’d be fine taking straight up at #6 if Chase is gone would be Pitts and Smith. I’d get a QB pick. And the two OTs are worth it, it’s just like the one position we kinda have some good future prospects at.

There's no way I don't take Sewell if I'm the Bengals and he's available. Doesn't matter how good Pitts is if Burrow dies before he can throw the ball.

I just don't see Chase going #3 no matter what. He's not that great of a WR prospect from a measureables standpoint. He's 6'0, and probably runs 4.5 or 4.6. And those guys just don't go top 3, no matter how good their route running and body control are, at least over the last 10 years or so. Even if every Daniel jeremiah and PFF mock out there has Chase going #3, I won't believe it until I see it, unless Chase runs 4.39 or something crazy.

IMO, Sewell being the first non-QB off the board is 99% guranteed. LT's are valued much more highly than WR's, and Sewell is the best one to come along since... Joe Thomas probably. 

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

There's no way I don't take Sewell if I'm the Bengals and he's available. Doesn't matter how good Pitts is if Burrow dies before he can throw the ball.

I just don't see Chase going #3 no matter what. He's not that great of a WR prospect from a measureables standpoint. He's 6'0, and probably runs 4.5 or 4.6. And those guys just don't go top 3, no matter how good their route running and body control are, at least over the last 10 years or so. Even if every Daniel jeremiah and PFF mock out there has Chase going #3, I won't believe it until I see it, unless Chase runs 4.39 or something crazy.

Meant like if Sewell was gone. But yeah even then just take Slater if you are the Bengals. Or actually trade a damn pick for once.

I can’t wait to see Chase’s workout. Just because it’ll change the narratives up. Like if he spent the last year just training up, and runs a sub 4.4 forty it’ll be a much different discussion than if he runs a 4.5 and Pitts runs faster than him. 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Meant like if Sewell was gone. But yeah even then just take Slater if you are the Bengals. Or actually trade a damn pick for once.

I can’t wait to see Chase’s workout. Just because it’ll change the narratives up. Like if he spent the last year just training up, and runs a sub 4.4 forty it’ll be a much different discussion than if he runs a 4.5 and Pitts runs faster than him. 

I don't think Pitts runs a 4.5, but I could be wrong. I think he runs like 4.60-4.62, but it'll be a pro day, so they'll say he ran 4.52. I think he's a little faster than Kelce, but not faster than Kittle.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think Pitts runs a 4.5, but I could be wrong. I think he runs like 4.60-4.62, but it'll be a pro day, so they'll say he ran 4.52. I think he's a little faster than Kelce, but not faster than Kittle.

I remember seeing somewhere they were breaking down game tape and charted him running sub 4.48 or something like that.

Wonder if the NFL will push more for their official timers at these Pro days or not.

I think if Chase gets past Miami than he is ours for the taking. You normally don't pick top 10 without having issues with QB, #1 CB, Edge or LT. 

I can see it working exactly like this:

Jax - QB (Lawrence) They need a QB. 
NYJ - QB. Darnold is going to be traded. They need a QB!
Miami - Wildcard. They could trade out for a fortune if that happens then QB or stay put and take BPA which could easily be anything from CB, OL, QB, DE. This #3 is a luxury for a team that almost made the playoffs. 
Atl - They are in the process of a rebuild with good WRs as is. They'll go OL, DB, Edge, or QB if value is there. 
Cinci - OL. They do not wait until the later rounds to address the Oline. Burrows is too important to the future of the franchise to allow a janky Oline to get him hurt again. 

Which leaves us with a choice best WR because it is a serious need now or do we look for the #1 CB in the draft? Our secondary was old, overpaid trash last season. Our WRs were old, overpaid trash last season. I'm honestly happy with either. 

Go Birds

MC

24 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I think if Chase gets past Miami than he is ours for the taking. You normally don't pick top 10 without having issues with QB, #1 CB, Edge or LT. 

I can see it working exactly like this:

Jax - QB (Lawrence) They need a QB. 
NYJ - QB. Darnold is going to be traded. They need a QB!
Miami - Wildcard. They could trade out for a fortune if that happens then QB or stay put and take BPA which could easily be anything from CB, OL, QB, DE. This #3 is a luxury for a team that almost made the playoffs. 
Atl - They are in the process of a rebuild with good WRs as is. They'll go OL, DB, Edge, or QB if value is there. 
Cinci - OL. They do not wait until the later rounds to address the Oline. Burrows is too important to the future of the franchise to allow a janky Oline to get him hurt again. 

Which leaves us with a choice best WR because it is a serious need now or do we look for the #1 CB in the draft? Our secondary was old, overpaid trash last season. Our WRs were old, overpaid trash last season. I'm honestly happy with either. 

Go Birds

MC

You don't take a CB top 10 if you have multiple other needs. We're going QB, WR, OL, or DL. Howie is dumb as hell tho, so chalk up Surtain II.

Edited by Jeezla