2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

23 minutes ago, Danger said:

It just feels weird. Like why does Russ want out? They're a good team and he has good weapons. Just all around odd.

Apparently lack of a plan to address Oline and them reverting back to being run heavy team.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Say what you want about Carson, but this also seems pretty petty to me.

If I was getting the hell beat out of me as a QB I’d be pissed too. I think taking it this far publicly is a bit much, but don’t think it’s a one year issue. On top of that their offensive philosophy has always been crap his entire time there. 

These are more legitimate gripes than anything Carson might’ve had. And Wilson has way more slack here because he’s way better of a player.

23 hours ago, Jeezla said:

You don't take a CB top 10 if you have multiple other needs. We're going QB, WR, OL, or DL. Howie is dumb as hell tho, so chalk up Surtain II.

See the Pyramid for reference: (Obviously don't overpick a prospect just because they fit a round hole) ((There was a nice picture included but for reasons, it's not showing up... 🤬))

http://talkingiants.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/NFL-Positional-Value-Pyramids-.jpg

Out of the top 2 tiers we have:

QB - Hurts? Lawrence isn't dropping to us, Fields seems like he has the biggest bust potential and Wilson looks like a turd. So I guess we are going to stick with Hurts. 

Edge - Cox! 

LT - ??? Peters? Mailata? Dillard? I know we've had injures-a-plenty on the oline and we'll be getting some depth back but if by some act of God Sewell is available at 6, he is an instapick. 

That puts us at either #1 CB or #1 WR. (I've heard rumors that we might trade Slay to save cap.) If so then where we are picking, I'd be happy with either. However if we keep Slay then #1 WR is the most important position that needs addressed and Chase would be the pick. 

If you want my top 5 players I wouldn't mind drafting here they are:

1 - Lawrence QB
2 - Sewell LT
3 - Chase WR
4 - Parsons LB (Position of need on the defense)
5 - Farley CB 
6 - If all 5 are gone, trade back and look at Slater, Waddle, or Surtain. (OR If #1-#3 are gone... trade back anyways and hope Parson will be available if we drop back 4-5 spots.) 

Go Birds

MC

Edited by Mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Danger 💗 Alex Singleton

4 eva 

You ain't wrong though. 

My standards for LBers have fallen so low that I forget what GOOD linebacker looks like. Singleton is solid though.

54 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Makes sense, he has a pretty big cap number this year and a bunch of void years coming up. He says he wants to be here and didn’t really slow down.

DB’s future being a mystery also makes it make more sense in terms of stability and leverage. Can’t have your top 3 guys potentially gone next year.