2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

On 3/5/2021 at 11:39 AM, Danger said:

Honestly ever since the Super Bowl parade. It's impossible for me to ever be unhappy with Kelce.

Same, so much so that I had already resigned myself to him getting traded to the Chiefs so he could win one with his brother. I'm happy to see him back, but I really hope they plan for his retirement and draft an iOL.

43 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

i'd be happy with a 4th. 

Came here to post about this.

Michael Silver who reported it said "multiple teams" which makes me think we might be able to swing a 3rd out of this possibly. I won't get my hopes up till its announced. For now I imagine its like a 4th and 5th or 6th. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Came here to post about this.

Michael Silver who reported it said "multiple teams" which makes me think we might be able to swing a 3rd out of this possibly. I won't get my hopes up till its announced. For now I imagine its like a 4th and 5th or 6th. 

could just be an eagles leak.

Just now, ninjapirate said:

could just be an eagles leak.

It could be, but I could see just based on his reputation from previous seasons there being some teams betting on him with the disaster the Eagles were everywhere with a crappy passing game.

15 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Makes sense for a team to call. Get one of the best guards on a fire sale. I don’t see why the Eagles would just give him away though. Just move his money around if it’s a  2021 cap thing.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Big Yikes. Nothing says we aren’t a dumpster fire like owner mandates and internal leaks 

Odd thing to get out now unless you are trying to do the opposite of what ruined the Wentz relationship and support Hurts to a weird level. Which Hurts isn't a baby, nor did he do enough to really warrant it. Just odd.

Overall I agree with the decision to just roll with Hurts and see what you got with him unless someone better flls to #6, just don't love Lurie swinging it around decrying that.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Odd thing to get out now unless you are trying to do the opposite of what ruined the Wentz relationship and support Hurts to a weird level. Which Hurts isn't a baby, nor did he do enough to really warrant it. Just odd.

Overall I agree with the decision to just roll with Hurts and see what you got with him unless someone better flls to #6, just don't love Lurie swinging it around decrying that.

But also if they don't like the board at 6, making the world think you want a QB helps you get a ransom. Admitting to the world in March you aren't taking a QB isn't helping you.

The result of rolling with Hurts I have 0 problem with.

The process of Laurie deciding it is really really concerning 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

But also if they don't like the board at 6, making the world think you want a QB helps you get a ransom. Admitting to the world in March you aren't taking a QB isn't helping you.

The result of rolling with Hurts I have 0 problem with.

The process of Laurie deciding it is really really concerning 

Eh I think moreso it hurts getting someone to trade above you for a QB than that.
I get that it could mess up some scenarios, but if say the Panthers, Broncos and/or Niners are trying to get to #6 for that QB, us not wanting one shouldn't really hurt the value we get. Again it helps a lot that the Bengals don't really trade picks and the Falcons won't help the Panthers.

If we really do want Chase or Pitts though us wanting a QB was what they had to sell. Cause if you can move the Phins/Falcons/Bengals off one of those guys for a team taking a QB it's the easiest way. Cause as it stands now it looks like Miami is a toss up between an OT or Chase, Falcons an OT or Pitts if they don't go QB and the Bengals are OT, Chase or Pitts. Like it could be Lawrence/Wilson/Sewell/Pitts/Chase, which is good for our trade down chances potentially but sucks for sitting there. Especially since Smith or Slater will probably go #7 in that scenario.