2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Cutting Brooks would not be worth it at all, imo. If he's healthy, he's a top 3-5 OG in the NFL. I expect him to look better than Lane, because lord knows what kind of damage Lane has done playing through multiple injuries as long as he can before finally getting surgery. Lane will probably have to retire before Brooks, despite being younger and initially more athletic. 

I agree. Brooks is so friggin dominate when he is right. Also IMO, stay old and expensive and good on the O-line with a young QB. That is the best way to help his development 

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I agree. Brooks is so friggin dominate when he is right. Also IMO, stay old and expensive and good on the O-line with a young QB. That is the best way to help his development 

When Brooks is healthy and anxiety free, he's a top 3-5 OL in NFL, regardless of position. And he's a physical/athletic freak of nature, so he should have another 2 years of dominance in him before he becomes just above average/good for 1 or 2 years, and then finally outstays his welcome ala Peters.

If you only gain 2.5 mill in cap space to lose that kind of player, you're hustling all wrong. I'm gonna start calling Jeff "Looney Tunes Lurie" or LTL for short. He's going full Jerry, and that's a recipe for 25+ years of Lombardi irrelevance. 

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Cap Musings 

According to OTC the Eagles are still 26 mill OVER the cap as of today.

In that figure, Brandon Graham and Lane Johnson's salaries have yet to be restructured

Once they do that officially that should get them to about 11 mill over

June 1st cutting Malik and Alshon gets them to about 8 million over

Cutting Goodwin gets them to about 5 million over.

trading Ertz gets them to about 1 million over.

Then that leaves whatever they decide to do with Derek Barnett: extend, trade or cut which will determine how much they are under when the league year starts.

Then you still have Cox and Hargrave that could get some restructures if you want to open up more space? 

The trading Brandon Brooks rumors are interesting. That only saves them like 2 million. I'm not sure how worth it that is. 

Having some many restuructures on the books is pretty scary but, remembering that this new TV deal is likely to make a huge bump in cap next year and plus that $30 million and change you had earmarked for crybaby Carson is now freed up, it might not be that bad?

It'll be interesting to see how these next couple days unfolds

It's just times like this that I'm thankful I'm not an NFL GM.

17 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Lane has a giant mural of Jalen in his workout barn.

Is that Pryor, Herbig and Baby Jon Runyan?

Does Hurts work out with Lane at all? cause I think those other guys do.

Edit:Yep, thats who they are. I remember Lil Jon trained with Lane, they still have lived in the area.