2021 Offseason thread

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Why the hell did the Packers sign Jones? They just drafted a running back high.

Jones can catch, not sure about the BC guy. 

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Interesting nugget 

Don’t spend money...noted. 

Honestly, let other teams pay your players. Just be the Marlins. Sell high and collect great young talent in the meantime and bide time until you have a good enough cheap core to win. I honestly don’t really disagree. Some guys transcend the philosophy but 75% don’t. Unless you’re like a top 5 guy at your position then maybe the best thing to do is let another team break the bank. It’s getting more increasingly obvious that when you have to pay your franchise QB his money the team suffers for it. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Jones can catch, not sure about the BC guy. 

Is it worth it though when you need actual wideouts, better tightend play?

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Is it worth it though when you need actual wideouts, better tightend play?

If Aaron Rodgers says re-sign Aaron Jones, you re-sign Aaron Jones. 

Listening to the Inside the Birds podcast and they had said from talking to people inside the organization that they were "comfortable" with Derek Barnett playing out the season at his current salary but they are working on a long term deal to reduce his salary. 

It doesn't sound him being cut is an option. This could be trade leverage, but the most likely scenario is he is on the roster this season 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Listening to the Inside the Birds podcast and they had said from talking to people inside the organization that they were "comfortable" with Derek Barnett playing out the season at his current salary but they are working on a long term deal to reduce his salary. 

It doesn't sound him being cut is an option. This could be trade leverage, but the most likely scenario is he is on the roster this season 

Good I want him here. Would really like a fair deal done for both sides though. It's an added bonus to our salary cap if he lock him in for a few years. Read earlier the eagles could possibly go for one big free agent. They didn't give a name but said they have one big deal they COULD give out if they wanted to. All the more reason to lock DB in and few more restructures

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Apparently we're gonna be in on Brissett once legal tampering period begins. I'd be fine with that, but I'd def have mixed feelings for multiple reasons.

Solid backup, knows the offense and can help out there. Everything I’ve ever heard is he’s a great teammate.

Only negative is how much he might be. 

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Solid backup, knows the offense and can help out there. Everything I’ve ever heard is he’s a great teammate.

Only negative is how much he might be. 

The price throws me off as well as the "no competition for Hurts" thing. 

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The price throws me off as well as the "no competition for Hurts" thing. 

Jacoby is a solid backup but if Hurts is doing his thing he’ll be fine. The nice thing is Hurts doesn’t seem to be a child and can probably handle it better than the last QB.

Sign him to a two year deal, he can help Hurts or next years rookie.