2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Kenny G to sign at Miami so Chase drops to 6 

Hope the Bengals are ride or die to get an OT. Should be good then. At the very least though probably means one of Chase or Pitts will be there, and that makes me happy.

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

This dude is made of glass, why would we want him?

Well ya see I'm going off the two negatives make a positive. Eagles are always injured, Hooker has been injured. So the two negatives cancel out and make a positive lol. 

But no I feel you can get him on a great team friendly deal and he will still show up more in half a season then McMistackle has in 2 seasons. 

24 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

But no I feel you can get him on a great team friendly deal and he will still show up more in half a season then McMistackle has in 2 seasons. 

He's been bad or hurt his entire time in the NFL. 

I understand you don't like McCleod but Hooker isn't not any better. 

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

He's been bad or hurt his entire time in the NFL. 

I understand you don't like McCleod but Hooker isn't not any better. 

While there is literally no evidence Hooker is better than McLeod,

(because it just isn't true because McLeod is an objectively solid to good player who just happened to bang Irish's girlfriend in front of him while Irish wept himself to sleep)

signing Hooker to a prove it deal later in FA is exactly the type of moves that I would expect and want this season. Young, cheap with upside. Of course young and upside don't come without major flaws or risks, which a team like the Eagles need to take this offseason.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

While there is literally no evidence Hooker is better than McLeod,

(because it just isn't true because McLeod is an objectively solid to good player who just happened to bang Irish's girlfriend in front of him while Irish wept himself to sleep)

signing Hooker to a prove it deal later in FA is exactly the type of moves that I would expect and want this season. Young, cheap with upside. Of course young and upside don't come without major flaws or risks, which a team like the Eagles need to take this offseason.

If I'm signing a safety to a "prove it" deal it's going to Keanu Neal, who has a lot of issues staying healthy but has at least shown that he is good. 

Malik Hooker has consistently under performed and it's not like he's going to get different coaching here, so I don't see why everyone is clamoring for him. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

If I'm signing a safety to a "prove it" deal it's going to Keanu Neal, who has a lot of issues staying healthy but has at least shown that he is good. 

Malik Hooker has consistently under performed and it's not like he's going to get different coaching here, so I don't see why everyone is clamoring for him. 

I would also be down for that. I'm not necessarily clamouring for Hooker specifically but a player like him, one that if he lives up to his ceiling can add to the core of a team that needs a younger core, makes a lot of sense to me

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I would also be down for that. I'm not necessarily clamouring for Hooker specifically but a player like him, one that if he lives up to his ceiling can add to the core of a team that needs a younger core, makes a lot of sense to me

A player like that makes sense but the specific player of Hooker doesn't. Maybe if we had a different coaching but it's pretty much the same defensive coach/scheme he's struggled with. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

A player like that makes sense but the specific player of Hooker doesn't. Maybe if we had a different coaching but it's pretty much the same defensive coach/scheme he's struggled with. 

I can see the argument there for sure, but you also have to think that if the Eagles' sign him it will be because Gannon really believes in him. The Eagles' more than any other team (save the Colts) would know what they are getting 

55 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Can we please go after Kwon Alexander now. Blah blah he was injured last year but prior to that was still very efficient 

He won't be the same guy in a 4-3, and he's still going to be expensive. And we're still over the cap.

26 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm all aboard the Hooker train.

The guy is less durable than D Jax. Pass. Unless we're talking bout a trade for Amani Hooker on the Titans.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Gimme him or Keanu Neal. Can't think of any other safeties worth wanting in FA but there could be a couple.

screw all of them, draft Paris Ford. Only FA's I want are Jayon Brown and Desmond King (if he's worked past his mental issues)