2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

35 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Hopefully....we’re trying to land this dude. You kiddin me? 

If we give up all the assets it takes to get DeShaun Watson, we'll have literally zero assets left to put talent around him. It'd be futile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Hopefully they're just trying to inflate the bidding war for the Dolphins.

Pretty sure it's this and the Texans trying to get back into the top part of the draft. They're basically going down the draft order with their leaks.

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Lol c'mon no way

I've been saying this since I heard he was mad at Houston and Wentz went all pissy. We have some extra picks from Wentz trade and we can throw in Hurts as well. I'm not for giving up 2 drafts worth of picks though. 

Also that whole sexual assault thing has me pumping the brakes a bit. 

Go Birds

MC

• Like 1

Just now, Mastercheddaar said:

I've been saying this since I heard he was mad at Houston and Wentz went all pissy. We have some extra picks from Wentz trade and we can throw in Hurts as well. I'm not for giving up 2 drafts worth of picks though. 

Also that whole sexual assault thing has me pumping the brakes a bit. 

Go Birds

MC

Yeah that sexual assault case is sketchy asf atm

34 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If this is true it's gonna cost a bit more to pry Watson away from the Texans. Since Watson is younger

Potentially, and it should.

I think more of the top 10 teams would be open to trading their picks for Watson, so value would be higher but number of picks would be the same.

Also Watson seems to be scorched earth over Houston way more than Russ is in Seattle. End of the day it seems like Wilson can go back and make it work. Which grants some leverage for Seattle. Houston has to go nuclear and just let him sit for a year if they can’t get a deal done by the draft. If he sits out a year his value goes down and will every year after.

• Like 1

Just now, Jroc04 said:

About that time of year we start over valuing draft picks again I suppose. 

6, Hurts (?), and a couple more 1sts alternating years and some change.  I’m good for that. 

I wouldn't care as long as I knew how we'd fix the WR position. If we had WRs worthy I wouldn't care about the picks at all