2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

BG is a treasure.

He is also an example why you don’t give up on everyone after a bad rookie year 

BG was coming off microfracture surgery, back when microfracture surgery was still considered a potential career ender. I agree you don't give up on everyone, but I don't think B Graham is the best comparison. Agholor probably is. I think we definitely could/should have given up on JJAW after year 1.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

You are a silly goose if you believe Howie has any say over who takes the field. Suds going in the game is 100% on Doug.

but does a HC care that much about giving his FO a better draft pick? Or are you just implying Doug is a total clown and really did think A) Sudfeld warrants evaluation and B) a good way to evaluate a QB is throw them in for the last few drives of win and in game for opponent after not taking a snap in months?

10 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

but does a HC care that much about giving his FO a better draft pick? Or are you just implying Doug is a total clown and really did think A) Sudfeld warrants evaluation and B) a good way to evaluate a QB is throw them in for the last few drives of win and in game for opponent after not taking a snap in months?

I think Doug knows Sudfeld ain't coming back next year, so he gave him a chance to potentially add something to his resume this summer and potentially get hired as a backup elsewhere. I don't think Doug gave 2 craps bout winning the game, but I also don't think he purposely lost. If Suds actually puts together a scoring drive, there's a good chance he would have been signed by somebody in the upcoming months. Sudfeld is basically Doug on the Packers, so Doug gave him a chance to shine.

The only issue I have with it is Suds should have just started the game. If you're gonna give Suds time, then give him a whole game since the game result ultimately doesn't matter for us.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

BG was coming off microfracture surgery, back when microfracture surgery was still considered a potential career ender. I agree you don't give up on everyone, but I don't think B Graham is the best comparison. Agholor probably is. I think we definitely could/should have given up on JJAW after year 1.

I do believe the FO will keep JJAw at least until the end of preseason next year. I honestly still believe that he can produce and be a capable starter literally anywhere but in Philly. That catch he made in traffic would not be caught by Reagor if he was the one making that catch. I would put money on that. That obviously doesn't mean much with how little Reagor produced this year though lol

Edited by oland11

27 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I do believe the FO will keep JJAw at least until the end of preseason next year. I honestly still believe that he can produce and be a capable starter literally anywhere but in Philly. That catch he made in traffic would not be caught by Reagor if he was the one making that catch. I would put money on that. That obviously doesn't mean much with how little Reagor produced this year though lol

Reagor made some tough catches this year iirc. I agree with you on JJAW. I'm totally unconvinced that the players here are actually this bad. It's where receivers and corners go to die, where linebackers don't go, and where DL and OL go to flourish. I am convinced prime Randy Moss, Megatron, Fitz, T.O., Julio and the GOAT Justin Jefferson would all suck here. And that every receiver we have would look better almost anywhere else.

I’m up late working and need to think of something other than that...so tinfoil time.

Lets say Watson is just done with Houston and this isn’t the random vague thing people run with all the time.

What if two disgruntled QBs could just swap teams and get their fresh start on each other’s team? We could trade Ertz & Wentz for Watson...obviously there would be more too it than that (would have to get creative) but that’s the core of the trade. Maybe you throw in a Dillard, who might not fit here with Mailata playing as well as he did.

It’s a dumb Maddenesque idea, but thought available pieces actually kinda fit. Would depend a lot on how the Texans regime valued Wentz and how hard Watson would refuse to play there. 

I just wanted to be the first to posit this dumb idea. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I’m up late working and need to think of something other than that...so tinfoil time.

Lets say Watson is just done with Houston and this isn’t the random vague thing people run with all the time.

What if two disgruntled QBs could just swap teams and get their fresh start on each other’s team? We could trade Ertz & Wentz for Watson...obviously there would be more too it than that (would have to get creative) but that’s the core of the trade. Maybe you throw in a Dillard, who might not fit here with Mailata playing as well as he did.

It’s a dumb Maddenesque idea, but thought available pieces actually kinda fit. Would depend a lot on how the Texans regime valued Wentz and how hard Watson would refuse to play there. 

I'm all in on this idea and it will happen until proven otherwise.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think he was just posting his favorite Frozen II lyric

41 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think he was just posting his favorite Frozen II lyric

Doesn't check out...its one of Anna's songs. 
Kristen Bell can't go as hard as Idina.

other songs<Anna's<<<<<<<<<<Elsa's<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Olaf's

She peaked when she was 5 with Snowman

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Doesn't check out...its one of Anna's songs. 
Kristen Bell can't go as hard as Idina.

other songs<Anna's<<<<<<<<<<Elsa's<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Olaf's

She peaked when she was 5 with Snowman

Actually everyone is in that song. Sir don’t come for the guy with two daughters about Frozen damon wayans snaps in z formation GIF

• Like 2