2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Big moves,

over analyzing what it means for the draft. Curious if the owners do go for the new number rules the chiefs put forth. Would open things up a lot.

I'm for it and against it. Id like to see like Wrs RBs and DBs wear single digits but not like #99 qbs or kickers. If they give free reign to everyone it's gonna look like a hot mess like college. I hate when everyone got these weird numbers. I guess I like it organized

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'm for it and against it. Id like to see like Wrs RBs and DBs wear single digits but not like #99 qbs or kickers. If they give free reign to everyone it's gonna look like a hot mess like college. I hate when everyone got these weird numbers. I guess I like it organized

I'd be fine letting kickers/punters do whatever (aka never seeing a number below 20 again when the other positions take them)

I think specifically their proposal was 

• QB/P/K: 1-19
  • RB, HB, FB, TE, WR: 1–49 and 80-89
  • OL: 50-79
  • DL: : 50–79 and 90–99
  • LB: 1–59 and 90–99
  • DB: 1-49

I think I'd prefer

• QB: 1-19
  • P/K: 0-49, 00
  • RB, HB, FB, TE, WR: 0–49 and 80-89
  • DL: : 50–79 and 90–99,00
  • LB: 10–59 and 90–99,00
  • DB: 0-49

Would keep LBs in double digits, would be weird to see them in single digits. This would open up more in the 50s for OLinemen too.
Get the kickers out of the new premium number group. Bring the zeroes back.

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I'd be fine letting kickers/punters do whatever (aka never seeing a number below 20 again when the other positions take them)

I think specifically their proposal was 

• QB/P/K: 1-19
  • RB, HB, FB, TE, WR: 1–49 and 80-89
  • DL: : 50–79 and 90–99
  • LB: 1–59 and 90–99
  • DB: 1-49

I think I'd prefer

• QB: 1-19
  • P/K: 0-49, 00
  • RB, HB, FB, TE, WR: 0–49 and 80-89
  • DL: : 50–79 and 90–99,00
  • LB: 10–59 and 90–99,00
  • DB: 0-49

Would keep LBs in double digits, would be weird to see them in single digits. This would open up more in the 50s for OLinemen too.
Get the kickers out of the new premium number group. Bring the zeroes back.

I wouldn't mind the the first one if a change was made. Minus the LBs

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Unstoppable Nate Studdy is no more 

I really hope we draft a hall of famer next year with that Dolphins pick. Will be hilarious.

Bonus if he’s like Desean or Westy levels of good against the Giants everytime. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Wonder why they did this. 

Chiefs ran out of eligible numbers at some point last year with injuries and the practice squad.

So they just went for a wide scale change. This alleviates issues unless teams get nutty with retiring numbers.

• 2 weeks later...