2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

1 minute ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Nope, never did. I never understood people saying they wouldn't let him go for anything less than a 1st and 3rd. They acted like that was a realistic chance. 

Right, I can see a scenario where in which a bidding war brings him up to a 1st in value, but I highly doubt we'll get more than a 2nd

McLane tweeting that we are expected to hire a "formal offensive coordinator" is a step in the right direction. The only thing that worries me are 1. Is said "formal offensive coordinator" going to be given play-calling duties? 2. Will most candidates see Doug as a lame duck coach?

Yeah without playcalling going to this new OC, hard to get too excited.

But if we are indeed moving on from Press and Scango it’s a step in the right direction. 

24 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

2. Will most candidates see Doug as a lame duck coach?

it’s definitely a tedious situation. Like best case they get to be Jason Garrett, in that they are deemed so important they get elevated to HC to keep them from leaving. Worst case they get flung out as a scapegoat like all these other guys.

Here's the OC interview questionnaire:

Miles has had 67 yards on 9 carries in the first half - do you:
A) Keep working him

B) Rest him for the remainder of the game

If you answer B..

Sean Flanagan Meeting GIF by FoilArmsandHog

And we'll all hate it

• Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 4:36 PM, eagles18 said:

I"m calling it now, Trey Lance is going to be a problem in the NFL. IF Philly trades Wentz they need to go after this kid

Another kid that surprised me in his growth in the position from HS senior to NDSU 

Can we higher NDSU's coaching staff? 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The Eagles cant coach players at the positions they actually play so let’s have them all switch! 

I would say they can't utilize players in the right way more than I would say they can't coach players.

And then again we have some bad players regardless of coaching.  💩

8 hours ago, Scalamania said:

McLane tweeting that we are expected to hire a "formal offensive coordinator" is a step in the right direction. The only thing that worries me are 1. Is said "formal offensive coordinator" going to be given play-calling duties? 2. Will most candidates see Doug as a lame duck coach?

Hire John DeFilippo... Someone who is tough on players & demands discipline with accountability.

43 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Hire John DeFilippo... Someone who is tough on players & demands discipline with accountability.

As tired as that move might be, it certainly would seem like a move they would make.

The issue is if he wouldn’t call plays, Chicago I believe can block it. Plus why would he want to do it. And our end why would we want him calling plays when he’s not been great at it.