2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I agree. And he disappear for the second half of the season which he seems to do every year, for long stretches. 

I am so upset that he didn't finally get his double digit sack season last year. He looked like it was finally time and then goes Brex halfway through the year. I know sacks don't tell the whole story but he is someone I really want to get double digits in a single season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I am so upset that he didn't finally get his double digit sack season last year. He looked like it was finally time and then goes Brex halfway through the year. I know sacks don't tell the whole story but he is someone I really want to get double digits in a single season. 

They definitely don´t tell the whole story but they´re a good indicator of his pass rushing prowess. That´s why we are hiring celebrating him and his strip sack and not his pressure on Tom Brady on the last Patriots drive. 

6 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I really like Brandon Graham the person/leader but Brandon Graham the player not so much. 

He's still a good to very good defensive end depending on what season or game we are talking about. He's just never been elite or close as a pass rusher, but as a run defender he has.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

"Every player that you have is different and its our job to say hey this is what works for you...... you can do that.

That's what I love about our staff we're not hard-headed. It's not my way or the highway. 

That is not what this is about. It's about serving the players and getting them to hit their ceiling.

Why?

Cause its the best thing for the team and the defense.

Point blank."

- Johnathan Gannon aka "you can call me Johnathan or J.G."

Wow it's almost like everything that should've been in our coaching philosophy for god knows how long but hasn't existed. As much as I appreciate Reid, he was really set in his ways while he was here. Definitely broadened his horizons since going to KC.

• Like 1

So flexibility in the scheme, maybe we’ll see BG as a 3T next to Kerrigan in some 3-4 looks. 

I definitely felt we were going outside the conventional 4-3 or cover 2 scheme with some of the roster additions in the draft. 

The only issue I see is we may have guys who are on the roster because they can only play 1 spot or do 1 thing. That doesn’t feel right with how much we had to deal with injuries. 

23 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I really like Brandon Graham the person/leader but Brandon Graham the player not so much. 

I agree - I think this fanbase overrates him big time. He's just an average player and unfortunately for him has had a much worse career then the two players taken after him (in typical Eagles fashion). 

I love what he did for us in the SB and I have the strip sack autographed hanging in my basement but his career as a whole has been underwhelming. 

• Like 1