2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Are we really comparing the Kerrigan signing.... a FA who cost 3 million dollars to bring in and nothing else.... to Julio Jones.... a signed Falcon who will take significant draft capital to acquire  at a MUCH higher price.

Some people just don't get it.

Some people just don't get it indeed. 

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Are we really comparing the Kerrigan signing.... a FA who cost 3 million dollars to bring in and nothing else.... to Julio Jones.... a signed Falcon who will take significant draft capital to acquire  at a MUCH higher price.

Some people just don't get it.

Thank you for handling that lol.

I guess it was Ferris' day off from logic and context too.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Thank you for handling that lol.

I guess it was Ferris' day off from logic and context too.

Ok genius, tell me why a 32 year old DE is necessary for a probably 3-14 team that has to find out whether Barnett and or Sweat can actually play?  

Just now, FerrisBueller said:

Ok genius, tell me why a 32 year old DE is necessary for a probably 3-14 team that has to find out whether Barnett and or Sweat can actually play?  

Maybe cause Kerrigan won't be playing DE most of the time.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe cause Kerrigan won't be playing DE most of the time.

Even worse. The Eagles have a strong DT group already before signing Kerrigan.

DT: Cox Ridgeway Tuipulotu

DT: Hargrave Williams Henry

Edited by FerrisBueller

2 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Well he sure isn't a CB, which is what they need. What's he going to play, waterboy?

According to Caplan they are gonna be mainly using him as a stand-up rush LB. He said we'll see him some at DE too, especially when needed like if Graham, Sweat, or Barnett get injured or something, but that he expects well over 50% of his snaps to be at LB and that he won't be asked to cover much in that role.

1 hour ago, FerrisBueller said:

No, Kerrigan is old and essentially done and you want him to change position. Waste of money which also makes you and his argument very odd. Sound like real homers.

I am awaiting all evidence to show he is done.

I’ll wait.

also did you miss the significant chunk of his career where he was a stand up backer in a 3-4? 

• Like 2

The Kerrigan move is simply just "kicking the tires". Don't expect much, but perhaps he finds new life in a new situation. He's also probably good for teaching younger players.

Julio Jones on the other hand requires a lot more in both salary and draft capital. You're comparing apples to nuclear submarines.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

The Kerrigan move is simply just "kicking the tires". Don't expect much, but perhaps he finds new life in a new situation. He's also probably good for teaching younger players.

Julio Jones on the other hand requires a lot more in both salary and draft capital. You're comparing apples to nuclear submarines.

I don't see the difference, those are the same things.

Edited by Daimonas
  • Like 1