2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

“I definitely learned a lot about myself, and how much the game means to me, and how serious I am about this,” Dillard said Thursday. “Losing a season to an injury definitely makes you see it in a different perspective and different light, and it kind of lit this huge fire in me. A different kind of fire than I’ve felt before because something like this has never happened to me before.”

The left tackle cut out social media and started reading motivational books. He worked on adding muscle to his frame and stayed involved with the team in meeting rooms and on the practice field.

“I’m back even stronger,” Dillard said. “I’m all clear to go, 100%. I feel good as new. I’m a lot stronger than before I got hurt, I’ll tell you that.”

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2021/06/why-eagles-andre-dillard-has-huge-fire-inside-of-him-entering-3rd-nfl-season.html

FWIW

Edited by oland11

3 hours ago, oland11 said:

I watched the interview live and really liked his answers. Media always is focusing on the negativity, but he had good answers I feel like. I like that he said he was focusing on his nutrition, sleep, mental health and so on. Things in his control. He talked about how much more mature he is and it seems that way for sure.

He also said as soon as he could be in the weight room he was in there and "every day was leg day" which was music to my ears with how his anchor was a problem his first year and even in camp last year before the injury.

I feel for the guy. Played fairly well at LT as a rookie and got sent to the right side cause of injuries and got demolished there. It isn't easy to switch to a position you've never played before and I'm pretty sure he's only ever been at LT. 

Doesn't mean he should be crying during a practice and what not. He hasn't got it as bad from the fans as Reagor, but hope he gives Mailata a good camp battle and can be a good back-up. People talking trade him like why? Unless we are getting back something significant and who is doing that rn off a season ending injury and limited tape? I don't get it.

lmao.... the amount of Eagles fans hating on him even for just this bit from the beginning of his press conference today is ridiculous. Eagles fans just love having something to hate.

Anyways, he's come a long way since that first press conference. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

“Coach K announcing retirement and Lakers taking a 1st round loss. 

It’s been a devastating 24 hours for cowboy fans.” 

They still have their Yankees though

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

One in the same. Same fans, same attitudes, same punchable faces. 

Wrong. We actually have won 6 titles in the last 20 years. Cowboys haven't won in 25 years.

Me and 808 gonna take you to the back alley and beat yo ***.

Sixers fans are more annoying than Lakers fans tbqh.

25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Wrong. We actually have won 6 titles in the last 20 years. Cowboys haven't won in 25 years.

Winning not withstanding, same attitudes, same mentality. 

GTHO!

Do 6er fans even exist outside of Philly? Chump *** Laker fans are everywhere. Can’t be that many people in LA. Just spreads like a virus because of all the gold. Weak fan mentality. 

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Winning not withstanding, same attitudes, same mentality. 

GTHO!

Do 6er fans even exist outside of Philly? Chump *** Laker fans are everywhere. Can’t be that many people in LA. Just spreads like a virus because of all the gold. Weak fan mentality. 

Same attitudes lol. Yeah okay bro. You got it.... cause Philly fans attitudes are splendid.

We aren’t the ones using derogatory slurs against Jeremy Lin, throwing popcorn on Russell Westbrook, throwing beer/sodas on the court when we are losing a series to the Pacers, and so on. 

Y’all booed Andre Iguodala when he came back lol... c’mon bruh.

I know you would know nothing about bandwagon fans since the Sixers haven’t won since 1983, but when you are one of the top franchises and known for winning in American sports you can’t really control who hops on for the ride. Cowboys are living off past success and they still have tons of bandwagon fans even in the Philly/South Jersey area that latched on in the 90s lol. They get new bandwagoners still and it’s just cause they are popular.

Real Lakers fans in California know basketball and are just as passionate about the team as Eagles fans are about football. It’s the same just with a lot of bandwagon fans and now Bronsexual bandwagoners who will be gone when he leaves or retires. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Lakers fans are the absolute worst fans in sports outside of Cowboys fans. There is no other take.

51 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Same attitudes lol. Yeah okay bro. You got it.... cause Philly fans attitudes are splendid.

We aren’t the ones using derogatory slurs against Jeremy Lin, throwing popcorn on Russell Westbrook, throwing beer/sodas on the court when we are losing a series to the Pacers, and so on. 

Y’all booed Andre Iguodala when he came back lol... c’mon bruh.

I know you would know nothing about bandwagon fans since the Sixers haven’t won since 1983, but when you are one of the top franchises and known for winning in American sports you can’t really control who hops on for the ride. Cowboys are living off past success and they still have tons of bandwagon fans even in the Philly/South Jersey area that latched on in the 90s lol. They get new bandwagoners still and it’s just cause they are popular.

Real Lakers fans in California know basketball and are just as passionate about the team as Eagles fans are about football. It’s the same just with a lot of bandwagon fans and now Bronsexual bandwagoners who will be gone when he leaves or retires. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Boy did you get triggered. 

I didnt say anything about us being choir boys. We got our issues for sure. But that whole Lakers/Yankees/Cowboys/Duke ensemble is a disease. Perpetuated bandwagon fandom filth.