2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Serious question. We've all been bashing Howie lately and rightfully so.. but do we really know how bad of a drafter he is? I know he wiffed on DK and Jefferson but a decent amount of people left here and are playing well. Doesn't this fall more on Doug vs Howie's drafting? 

Besides Agholor, the only ex-eagles doing well are DB's. I think it's more of a reflection on Schwartz. And i still don't think agholor is great. He's a nice big play threat, but doesn't get consistently open. A poor man's D Jax. Ultimately, Howie drafts like crap and our coaches don't develop players.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Besides Agholor, the only ex-eagles doing well are DB's. I think it's more of a reflection on Schwartz. And i still don't think agholor is great. He's a nice big play threat, but doesn't get consistently open. A poor man's D Jax. Ultimately, Howie drafts like crap and our coaches don't develop players.

Agholor can get open... He is a solid route runner. Just can't catch when he does get open & his ball tracking skills are HOT GARBAGE down the field. 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

It's absolutely both of them - the DK and JJ picks were obvious whiffs, but both Howie and Doug deserve equal blame and that's why both of them should be shown the door. 

I mean I do wish both did get the boot but I can live with one more season out of respect for the SB Chip. 

Since 2016

Wentz was looking good till this year

Isaac Seumalo

Vaitai

Countess alil success

Jalen Mills

Barnett

Sidney playing well now

Douglas same

Gerry we hate him but he's been here awhile

2018 entire class was pretty sweet tbh

TE Dallas Goedert

Avonte Maddox

JoshSweat

MattPryor

Jordan Mailata

2019 the rest is blah or TBD

Miles Sanders 

2020 Jury is still out but some interesting pieces

Reagor

Hurts

Taylor

Wallace

hightower

Bradley

Toohill let go to soon

I wouldn't say it's been the worst but not the best either

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I mean I do wish both did get the boot I can live with one more season out of respect for the SB Chip. 

Since 2016

Wentz was looking good till this year

Isaac Seumalo

Vaitai

Countess alil success

Jalen Mills

Barnett

Sidney playing well now

Douglas same

Gerry we hate him but he's been here awhile

2018 entire class was pretty sweet tbh

TE Dallas Goedert

Avonte Maddox

JoshSweat

MattPryor

Jordan Mailata

2019 the rest is blah or TBD

Miles Sanders 

2020 Jury is still out but some interesting pieces

Reagor

Hurts

Taylor

Wallace

hightower

Bradley

Toohill let go to soon

I wouldn't say it's been the worst but not the best either

Supposedly the medical staff gave Metcalf a NO which means you are pretty much forced to draft elsewhere

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Serious question. We've all been bashing Howie lately and rightfully so.. but do we really know how bad of a drafter he is? I know he wiffed on DK and Jefferson but a decent amount of people left here and are playing well. Doesn't this fall more on Doug vs Howie's drafting? 

He’s always been pretty bad, predating Doug. It’s gotten worse with Doug’s regime for sure, which speaks to Doug not having a good scheme and the staff not being able to develop players. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

What was wrong with Metcalf at that time?

I can't remember. Was he too good ? Lol

Medical and dumb nitpicking about his combine. He also didn’t do a ton in college, mostly to do with his medical.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

He’s always been pretty bad, predating Doug. It’s gotten worse with Doug’s regime for sure, which speaks to Doug not having a good scheme and the staff not being able to develop players. 

Hopefully this is the wakeup call he needed. It seems like he got really weird after the SB. Especially in his interviews and stuff. Very cocky, goofy and nonsense. Like a combo of all 3 all at once. 

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

This is true - who is the last good player we drafted? Lane? That was was 8 years ago. 

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Medical and dumb nitpicking about his combine. He also didn’t do a ton in college, mostly to do with his medical.

All sounds like an Eagle thing to do. 

He wasn't drafted imo because every athlete has to be the greatest citizens and be able to speak the way they want them to.... Sounds dumb but look at everyone we bring in. Mostly everyone was on a debate team or some crap

That's why we never really had a chance at guys like Lamb or a DK. Was surprised with Jefferson because he totally fits that kind of guy they look to bring in

I can't even think of anyone that was brought in as a Free agent besides Timmy Jernigan that broke that mold

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

4 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

They both suck. 2021 will be pointless with these two inept clowns at the helm 

• Like 1