2021 Offseason thread

5 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Eagles signed another QB 

https://sports.yahoo.com/eagles-sign-nick-mullens-140745502.html

Didn't think this was worth a new thread. 

Yeah not surprising. It was basically gonna come down to him or Mannion. We knew they weren’t going to roll into camp with only 2 arms. Still a good chance Flacco and Hurts are the only ones on the 53 though.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
20 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

The talent development under Doug has to be an all time worst for this franchise. 

True and speaking of lack of development…. Ben Simmons has entered the chat. Huge legacy game on Sunday night for him.

Also, not a Sixers fan, but the Eagle fan in me is disappointed in you posting a Cowboys reporter throwing shade at the Eagles regardless of there being some truth to it or not lol. @EaglesPeteC

Embarrassed Shame GIF

On 6/19/2021 at 8:03 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

True and speaking of lack of development…. Ben Simmons has entered the chat. Huge legacy game on Sunday night for him.

Also, not a Sixers fan, but the Eagle fan in me is disappointed in you posting a Cowboys reporter throwing shade at the Eagles regardless of there being some truth to it or not lol. @EaglesPeteC

Embarrassed Shame GIF

At some point Philly fans and media have to look at themselves in the mirror. 

I have never understood the city´s sense of entitlement that you have to be/act a certain way to play in Philadelphia. It´s not like there´s the winningest franchises in sports in there and you have to live up to a certain standard.

If anything I think we´d have better players if we weren´t so sh*t to our athletes, not to the point of Cowboys fans of course who are the complete opposite and pimp their players from day one. 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm pretty over Simmons at this point. Move him in a package deal for Beal, McCollum, or Lillard tbh.

I'm not a 76ers fan but I feel like the more Simmons plays for Philly the worse his trade value is and from my outside perspective his trade value is at rock bottom right now. 

7 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I'm not a 76ers fan but I feel like the more Simmons plays for Philly the worse his trade value is and from my outside perspective his trade value is at rock bottom right now. 

Yeah they aren’t going to get much with where he’s at now, probably worth just waiting into next season unless someone blows them away for some reason.

11 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

At some point Philly fans and media have to look at themselves in the mirror. 

I have never understood the city´s sense of entitlement that you have to be/act a certain way to play in Philadelphia. It´s not like there´s the winningest franchises in sports in there and you have to live up to a certain standard.

If anything I think we´d have better players if we weren´t so sh*t to our athletes, not to the point of Cowboys fans of course who are the complete opposite and pimp their players from day one. 

Well said. I'm from California, so I never understood it, but I think this type of thing goes on more with Eagles players than other sports. I'm sure that same energy is applied to all of them. The Eagles are just Philly's baby. I think its got worse for recent players because of everyone's anger/issues with Howie. That's where most of the energy should be directed, but the media barely gets to talk to him and the fans can't troll his socials, so it ends up going to the players he's most recently picked that haven't shown enough. That's why I hope Dillard at least does good in his camp battle and Reagor starts off the year with a couple of good games. 

And, I mean on one hand I like that Philly holds their players to a high standard, but the way certain rookies get dragged through the mud (especially Eagles) is just crazy. Philly can break you as a player if you aren't mentally tough enough whether its the media or fans and usually most 20-22 year old aren't usually that mentally tough. I think our recent draft picks will be fine though. Kinda weird we've never taken Bama players in recent memory cause those guys aren't given anything and their job can be taken any spring/fall camp cause the competition and expectations are nuts. You would think that would appeal to the Eagles before now, but I digress.

The thing with Simmons though is its kind of the opposite at least according to my friend who is a die hard Sixers fan. He went to 2 of the Hawks games and was going to games even when they were trash and tickets were dirt cheap. To him the problem was the Sixers and their coaches coddling him whether it was with Brown or now Rivers. He did point out to me that they did try bringing in a shooting coach, but Simmons and his representation (Rich Paul) basically said "nah... we are going with Ben's brother Liam).

I don't think Philly fans ever really got on Simmons like that, because he came in the league as such a pro ready player minus the jump shot. His defense has only got better, but that's really the only area he has developed as a player. I'm sure Sixers fans just assumed that eventually he would shoot (at least mid range) even if he would never be good at it, but he kind of just lost all confidence and stopped trying. I really think he needs to see a sports psychologist and really try and rework the shot. Kobe ended up being right about him regretting never getting a jump shot later on. I hope it works out for him, but he has to have the growth mindset and it doesn't seem at least so far that he's had it. Maybe this playoffs will be the fuel he needs to really get after it this offseason, cause if this wasn't enough... then I don't know what will be.

If I'm management I'm half tempted to tell Ben "either you work with a real coach that WE pick, or you're going to a dumpster fire team in a no name market."

Dude straight up refuses to evolve his game at all.

10 hours ago, Danger said:

Real shame we didn't move him for Harden earlier this year.

Isn't there a good chance that Fertitta just didn't want to send him to Morey? I'm not sure if there was b

Harden really screwed the Rockets tanking his value in the manner he did and forcing his way to BK.

I think if it was up to Morey that Harden would ultimately be a Sixer right now.

Simmons on paper would've been better than what they ended up getting, but maybe it works out for Houston in the long run cause that trade definitely would've kept them from tanking as hard as they did and now potentially landing the #1 pick and getting Cade, but maybe karma bites them tomorrow in the lottery for tanking so hard. 

11 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm pretty over Simmons at this point. Move him in a package deal for Beal, McCollum, or Lillard tbh.

CJ is definitely attainable. The other two is a question mark and you'll have to give up a lot. 

Beal has kind of been making it known he wants to stay with the Wizards. Why? I don't know.

I THINK the Blazers have said before that if Dame wanted out they would facilitate a trade and I do think the Sixers have the assets to make it happen.

My friend sent me this tweet and said that he would probably do it, but it would suck to give up so much of the future to make it happen.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Danger said:

If I'm management I'm half tempted to tell Ben "either you work with a real coach that WE pick, or you're going to a dumpster fire team in a no name market."

Dude straight up refuses to evolve his game at all.

I don't think they would tell him that straight up to his face, but I do agree about bringing in a real shooting coach with a good track record and making sure he's committed to improving his shot.

If he's not willing to do it and accept hard coaching on his shot then he absolutely needs to be traded sooner rather than later, because the big thing with the Sixers is you don't want to waste these prime Embiid years. Joel adds to his bag basically every offseason and its really awesome to see. He shouldn't have to be hamstrung to a running mate who isn't doing the same. Kobe & Shaq was an amazing duo, but that didn't last even with all the success in large part cause Kobe was tired of Shaq always getting out of shape and not working like Kobe felt he was. Ben's issue is obviously different, but I wish Joel had some Kobe in him and didn't let Ben just be complacent with where he's at. 

I also wish the Sixers could move on from Doc. That wasn't the best hire they could've made, but I doubt ownership is gonna wanna pay three coaches at the same time, cause to my understanding they are still paying Brown and Rivers still has another 4 years left on his deal. He's probably there at least another couple years unfortunately.