2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

8 hours ago, Danger said:

If I'm management I'm half tempted to tell Ben "either you work with a real coach that WE pick, or you're going to a dumpster fire team in a no name market."

Dude straight up refuses to evolve his game at all.

I don't think he would mind that. He's got that "big fish in a small pond" vibe, starting with playing ball at LSU when he could've played anywhere. Obviously LSU isn't Wyoming, but in the world of college basketball they're nobodies. I know there was a family friend dynamic, but it doesn't deter me from thinking he'd be just fine playing in Minnesota or OKC or Portland where the media was much less of a presence and he got away with just being a great defender and facilitator with massive offensive flaws.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Glad I don’t care about basketball. I don’t need another team to crush my soul 

At this point I'm not even crushed. Just tired of Ben Simmons being such a stubborn little princess.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah they aren’t going to get much with where he’s at now, probably worth just waiting into next season unless someone blows them away for some reason.

I think he is and will continue to be a negative asset - the more he plays, especially in the post-season, the worse his trade value will be. 

It's absolutely mind blowing to me that he's had the same issues for so long but refuses to do anything about it. 

• Like 1