2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

Trials and tribulations of the NFL. We hit the mountain top  a couple of years ago. Some bad GM'ing led us here, but things turn around quickly in the NFL.

Howie gets a lot of hate, and rightfully so, but he did do a good job at cleaning up Chip Kelly's mess. Our roster is old and we have a lot of draft picks - hopefully there's a good turnaround from a roster standpoint the next few years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

@ATL
vs SF
@DAL
vs KC
@CAR
vs TB
@LV
@DET
vs LAC
@DEN
vs NO

What do you think our record will be after the first 11 games (before we get into the thick of our NFCE matchups)?

I see 9 perfectly winnable games there. TB and KC are stretches. All the other teams can be had. I'll say 5-6 or 6-5.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

@ATL
vs SF
@DAL
vs KC
@CAR
vs TB
@LV
@DET
vs LAC
@DEN
vs NO

What do you think our record will be after the first 11 games (before we get into the thick of our NFCE matchups)?

It’s weird how winnable I see most of those

After 1-3 they can win almost all those games. I’ll say 5-6. Lose 3 in weeks 2/3/4, then lose a dumb one like up in Mile high like they do or give the Panthers a win. Then probably lose to the Saints because we usually do and they are one of the few teams that will have already seen Hurts.

On 7/4/2021 at 3:22 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

I know so little about this team that literally no outcome of the season is terribly surprising 

I gotta admit, I didn’t see beating Goff and the #1 seed Lions to go to the super bowl coming.

@ATL Rookie HC Art Smith vs Rookie HC Notorious Nick. Atlanta is basically Dallas with worse WR's and RB's. Slay will cover Ridley, so expect a huge game from the rookie Pitts, but I think we somehow win one on the road, probably via Jalen Hurts legs and Atlanta's terrible (on paper) D. 1-0

vs SF Battle of 2020's most injury decimated teams. I think SF's D will know how to handle Hurts, and our D won't know how to handle Aiyuk/Deebo (w/e one isn't covered by Slay) and Kittle. 1-1

@DAL Dallas sucks 2-1

vs KC 2-2

@CAR Notorious Nick vs Joe Brady's offensive genius. I think a healthy Caff puts the team on his back at home. 2-3

vs TB 2-4

@LV This will end up being Henry Ruggs best game of the season. 2-5

@DET Jared Goff is their QB. 3-5

vs LAC I think the Chargers make the playoffs. 3-6

@DEN This is around the time those Fangio defenses finally start taking off, so if Von is healthy, I think they'll be a top 5 D this year. One of Jeudy/Sutton/Hamler will have a big game against our D. 3-7

vs NO Assuming Jameis is their QB and Sean Payton helps him improve his decision making, we probably lose. 3-8

@NYG
@NYJ
vs WAS
vs NYG

@WAS
vs DAL

Probably win 3 out of those final 6. Then again, half our team is likely on IR by this point of the schedule, so who knows.
6-11. Maybe we squeeze out a 7-10 or a 8-9 season, but I foresee 6-11. 

On 7/3/2021 at 2:34 PM, Jeezla said:

@ATL W
vs SF L
@DAL L
vs KC L
@CAR W
vs TB L
@LV W
@DET L
vs LAC L
@DEN L
vs NO W

4-7, but I could see anywhere between 3 and 7 wins there, pretty favorable schedule overall. Mostly comes down to Hurts, if he's subpar QB we are a <6 win team, if he makes a jump we could win 10 games. 

If I had to guess, it'll be somewhere in between and we'll win 6 or 7 games in 2021.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

Heard we’re looking to lock up Goedert for a long term contract at about 13-14M a year. I feel it’s a bit premature. Maybe you’re getting a “discount” from what his potential is but I’m going to need to see a big year this year to justify that kind of scratch.