2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Steven Nelson expected to make decision today or tomorrow. 

He can kick rocks, I'm trying to win the Derek Stingley Jr. sweepstakes over here. I don't need us signing an ok slot CB that could potentially take this 5 or 6 win team to a 7 or 8 win team.

Just now, Jeezla said:

He can kick rocks, I'm trying to win the Derek Stingley Jr. sweepstakes over here. I don't need us signing an ok slot CB that could potentially take this 5 or 6 win team to a 7 or 8 win team.

We can miss out on Stingley and be just fine. Andrew Booth gonna fight him for CB1 honors.

My body is ready for a full season of him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We can miss out on Stingley and be just fine. Andrew Booth gonna fight him for CB1 honors.

My body is ready for a full season of him.

I'm just saying, we don't need to make "win now" signings when we're in a rebuild phase. Stop signing dudes who will be 29+ during the season, gone in 1 or 2 years regardless, and just suck for a season or 2 while we accumulate Stingleys/Booths/Etc.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'm just saying, we don't need to make "win now" signings when we're in a rebuild phase. Stop signing dudes who will be 29+ during the season, gone in 1 or 2 years regardless, and just suck for a season or 2 while we accumulate Stingleys/Booths/Etc.

Oh no doubt.

I'm not really concerned with winning this year. I just need to see progress from the young guys.

I don't want to tank, but if we suck, then so be it. 

Eagles fans that are worrying about competing for the division and making the playoffs are delusional and setting themselves up for disappointment. 

Football teams are turned around in a season or two sometimes. I have no season to waste or tank or keep a team bad for a few slots in a draft. If we can improve the team, we should do it. Nelson is 28. He’s got 3 good years of football left at least. In that time, he’ll give you decent football while you draft a replacement or fill another need. We’re in no position to shoo away talent. We could draft Stingley and he could tear an ACL first day in camp. We could draft the next Deion Sanders in the 6th round. Hurts could become a top 10 QB and we’d wish we signed a competent CB2. Anything can happen. To try and plan NFL seasons 2-3-4 years in advance is foolhardy. Just get the guy if you can. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

You also have Kaiir Elam at the top

A couple of of guys like Sevyn Banks and Josh Jobe. 

Ahmad Gardner, Trent McDuffie, Mykael Wright, Derion Kendrick, etc...

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I legitimately feel this is a historic CB class.

Absolutely has the makings of one.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

With 3 FRP (likely) we'd be fools to not grab at one.

Yep... seeing that just reminded me of how annoyed I was at that post in the Draft Prospects thread lol

On 6/25/2021 at 10:41 AM, Scalamania said:

If we keep the three picks next year I think we're looking at QB, EDGE, OL. It wouldn't surprise me to see us pass on a first round CB, assuming Stingley is gone. 

On 6/26/2021 at 11:08 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

This could very well be a historic cornerback class.

But, sure.... the Eagles with 3 first rounders (hopefully) and a huge hole at CB2 and an aging Darius Slay would say "nah we good".

Just noticed you were the one to like that post too lol.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Football teams are turned around in a season or two sometimes. I have no season to waste or tank or keep a team bad for a few slots in a draft. If we can improve the team, we should do it. Nelson is 28. He’s got 3 good years of football left at least.

Not against signing Nelson, but if he signed with us it would be on a 1 year deal.

Also, Caplan has been reporting for a long time that the Eagles see him as a 2-3 million dollar player and he wants more like 4-5 at least I think. Will be funny if he signs for 4 million somewhere after we gave 2.5 or 3.5 (can't remember) to Kerrigan a pass rusher who will probably only play 50 or so percent of the snaps where a CB2 would play near 100%.

18 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ahmad Gardner, Trent McDuffie, Mykael Wright, Derion Kendrick, etc...

Absolutely has the makings of one.

Yep... seeing that just reminded me of how annoyed I was at that post in the Draft Prospects thread lol

Just noticed you were the one to like that post too lol.

I'm confused as to why I'm quoted in this lol

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

His post with logic reminded me of yours on the same subject without logic that I said annoyed me lol.

I thought I clearly said that, but I guess not.

You annoyed because someone has a different opinion? Never.

I see it now, I was looking at in my phone and it looked super weird. 

14 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Football teams are turned around in a season or two sometimes. I have no season to waste or tank or keep a team bad for a few slots in a draft. If we can improve the team, we should do it. Nelson is 28. He’s got 3 good years of football left at least. In that time, he’ll give you decent football while you draft a replacement or fill another need. We’re in no position to shoo away talent. We could draft Stingley and he could tear an ACL first day in camp. We could draft the next Deion Sanders in the 6th round. Hurts could become a top 10 QB and we’d wish we signed a competent CB2. Anything can happen. To try and plan NFL seasons 2-3-4 years in advance is foolhardy. Just get the guy if you can. 

Yeah I’ll go full tank if Hurts sucks, but they have a legitimate shot at the playoffs with not much standing in your way this year in the NFC. The division really isn’t that good, aside from the Bucs the south will be meh, The Vikings might be the best team in the North if Rodgers actually doesn’t play in GB again..which isn’t that scary. And the West will eat themselves so to speak. Decent chance if we got in as the 6th or 7th seed we might not even play a NFCW team the first two rounds.

Despite the age along the lines I think they are going to carry us to plenty of wins. Enough to be out of the top 8 at least.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:42 AM, Jroc04 said:

Liking this post wasn't enough. Needed to be repeated.  Well said!

• Like 1