2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Texans are delusional but hey shoot your shot I guess…

Assuming he's not in prison what is a package that you would be happy to give up for Watson?

Me Hurts and the Colts' 1st and maybe a 2023 conditional 2 that could be a 1.

That is about all I'd be willing to give up. Maybe a couple throw ins (Ertz, Barnett etc) 

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Assuming he's not in prison what is a package that you would be happy to give up for Watson?

Me Hurts and the Colts' 1st and maybe a 2023 conditional 2 that could be a 1.

That is about all I'd be willing to give up. Maybe a couple throw ins (Ertz, Barnett etc) 

Considering it wouldn’t be the end of that shadow, and being realistic… 2 1sts and really a third 1 + some extras is probably what you’re looking at to just get it done. Could be less or more depending on the cases and the market. I think everyone at this point think he’s gonna settle and get a slap on the wrist. (Unfortunately)

Thing that’s hard to really speak to is the No trade clause. Watson can keep the price realistic by refusing to go to certain teams. 

Texans could also be happy with keeping him out of conference and the biggest competition the Eagles would have is the Dolphins who have a lot of assets (especially when Tua is meh this year)

Other teams would really need to give up a lot long term to get him over those two. Broncos have Elway, so they are always ready to throw everything at a QB. Panthers I guess would be the 4th team, but they did some stupid stuff with Darnold’s deal and don’t have a lot of assets laying about.

Washington obviously needs him in the worst way, though trading for Watson amidst all their own sexual misconduct issues would be like throwing gas on burning building. I doubt Watson would want to go to like Detroit.

It really is the Eagles’ move to make if they want him. Have the most cards to play, opposite conference, owner who is keen to get back to where they were a couple of seasons ago.

So what do you guys think we ultimately pay for Watson? Our 1st, Miami 1st, Colts pick, 2022 1st, Dillard, Barnett? Hurts? Our soul?

Sounds like not if, but when, and how much.

Edited by Jeezla

I feel like I'd be both happy and a little disheartened if we traded for Watson. Giving up multiple first round picks bugs me. Especially since we never have multiple and I love the draft.  It would be so much fun. The dude is really worth a lot though and would make us instant conference contenders and division favorites. I'd be cool with 2 FRP and a player. Although other teams can match that. 

10 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So what do you guys think we ultimately pay for Watson? Our 1st, Miami 1st, Colts pick, 2022 1st, Dillard, Barnett? Hurts? Our soul?

Sounds like not if, but when, and how much.

If the legal stuff is being brushed under the Rug like it seems, and it happens before the season…

Our Pick, Dolphins pick, 1st from 2023 (maybe throw some conditions on it), and maybe a 3rd the following year. Player like Barnett maybe as a throw in…but we don’t have a lot of young players of interest/need and the picks should suffice. I suppose maybe Hurts? So they get 3 1sts and a 3rd, anything more than that with his baggage seems like a big ask to me.

Like Jamal Adams went for 2 firsts….so I feel like 3 is probably the bare minimum to be realistic.

I know we’re in love with our picks next year. Me included. (Good job Howie) But if it’s in perspective, we give up the trade down assets from the Miami deal (where we got our guy anyway) and Wentz basically. Maybe a 1st and some change more? Am I missing anything else? I know the 1sts in pocket are tough to part with but that’s really giving up nothing in the grand scheme of things when it comes to a franchise QB. 

I hate the guy off field but the man on the field is F Awesome. We wouldn't be far off from a contender once we add a few pieces next year. 

Just feel bad for hurts if the trade goes down. Really wanted him to get his shot in being the guy. If we keep him and Watson is suspended the season we still would have Hurts auditioning for his next team and possibly increasing his value. Could be a good thing. If Watson were to be suspended the season we should get a bigger discount