2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

29 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Do we want to have a training camp thread or will we just keep all that info and stuff that comes out of TC in this thread?

I say make a thread for training camp.

Will be easier to look back and find takes/posts about what was happening in TC that way.

It's not the offseason at that point anymore either.

10 hours ago, Danger said:

I just don't trust Watson off the field, or his ability to stay out of trouble in the long term.

As weird and off putting as his indiscretions are, I don’t feel completely turned off by him. Creepy AF though. And he definitely used his stature and power to manipulate these women to do things that were obviously uncomfortable to them. I’d like to know the details. I wonder if any of them had actually been forced upon. Which I think is a huge difference. If he insinuates or makes them feel like they have no choice, it becomes a problem. If he just simply asked or offered to pay more for whatever they were doing, I don’t see a big problem. Either way, pretty crappy thing to do to anyone so he’s def a scumbag to an extent. But I don’t think it’s something he needs to lose his job over. I can understand where fans want nothing to do with him but if someone like Tyreek Hill still thrives in this league, I feel like he‘ll be ok in time with some community work and deep introspection. 

58 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

As weird and off putting as his indiscretions are, I don’t feel completely turned off by him. Creepy AF though. And he definitely used his stature and power to manipulate these women to do things that were obviously uncomfortable to them. I’d like to know the details. I wonder if any of them had actually been forced upon. Which I think is a huge difference. If he insinuates or makes them feel like they have no choice, it becomes a problem. If he just simply asked or offered to pay more for whatever they were doing, I don’t see a big problem. Either way, pretty crappy thing to do to anyone so he’s def a scumbag to an extent. But I don’t think it’s something he needs to lose his job over. I can understand where fans want nothing to do with him but if someone like Tyreek Hill still thrives in this league, I feel like he‘ll be ok in time with some community work and deep introspection. 

Some of the descriptions are way worse than just trying to get a little bit of a happy ending situation. Which yeah I get it, there are places you can get it and it’s fine if that’s something they do. Two consenting adults and all that. (Though a lot of those place force undocumented women into it)

He knowingly forced these Women into the situation, and from what I read he kinda seemed to get off on the power of it. Plenty of what he did would be considered Sexual Assault as well as exposing himself to a lot of them who asked him not to. It was enough on the fence that he might not be charged with anything. But it was definitely illegal, as forcing anyone into a sexual encounter usually is.

I think if anyone wants to be morally consistent with how we for year have criticized Jerry and Co for welcoming domestic abusers with open arms…we can’t really root for this to happen. Both situations are men forcing women into situations they can’t get out of and doing what they want to them. Watson’s cases are way more cut and dry that he’s the ahole.

He 100% should lose money, his ability to play in some shape or form. 

I’ll speak to the facts and the chance it could happen, yeah. But I for one really don’t want it to. Like throw away all the compensation it’ll take to get him… I just genuinely would feel weird rooting for a guy like that who seemingly is going to get away with it all. And would be hard to root for the team a bit because of it too. He’d be the QB so it’s not like some role player you can ignore. The face of you franchise is a bad guy at that point.

I’d rather us just get our QB through the draft if Hurts isn’t the guy, personally. We get the right rookie QB next year they could very easily do a Russell Wilson/ Mahomes/Big Ben type thing and take a solid to good roster and take them far on their rookie deal.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I guess signing Nelson means we wouldn’t even be calling the Dolphins about Howard but man that would be an enormous get. Is Slay moveable? Maybe flip him and a 2nd or something? 

I never know exactly how trades move around dead cap, but he’d be a $22m+ dead cap hit this year ($15m+ next year)

We’d need to get the team to take a lot of that cap burden this year.

56 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I never know exactly how trades move around dead cap, but he’d be a $22m+ dead cap hit this year ($15m+ next year)

We’d need to get the team to take a lot of that cap burden this year.

He's coming off 2 down seasons in a row and just turned 30 over 6 months ago.

No team is doing that.

He's ours for the next 2 years at least most likely. His restructure to help get us under the cap insured that.

30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He's coming off 2 down seasons in a row and just turned 30 over 6 months ago.

No team is doing that.

He's ours for the next 2 years at least most likely. His restructure to help get us under the cap insured that.

It's not so bad trade wise I think, he could maybe be a toss in next year if we are moving up.
But yeah he'll be here probably.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It's not so bad trade wise I think, he could maybe be a toss in next year if we are moving up.
But yeah he'll be here probably.

It's a little better, but not that much different next year than this year.

It goes from 22 million this year to 15 million next year. He would have to be pretty damn bad for us to consider trading him and paying him over 2/3rds of his salary to play for someone else.

I guess anything is possible, but if he is decent at least he's probably staying and definitely if he's good this year.

We are gonna have to take a somewhat significant dead cap hit regardless though. If we cut him after the 2022 season before his last season under contract in 2023... we will still be taking a cap hit just over 10 million. 

Get this.... even if we keep him through 2023 for his whole contract. 

We still have to take a 4.57 million cap hit for the 2 dummy years Howie tacked on for 2024/2025 that get accelerated after his last season (2023). 

Howie.gif

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's a little better, but not that much different next year than this year.

It goes from 22 million this year to 15 million next year. He would have to be pretty damn bad for us to consider trading him and paying him over 2/3rds of his salary to play for someone else.

I guess anything is possible, but if he is decent at least he's probably staying and definitely if he's good this year.

We are gonna have to take a somewhat significant dead cap hit regardless though. If we cut him after the 2022 season before his last season under contract in 2023... we will still be taking a cap hit just over 10 million. 

Get this.... even if we keep him through 2023 for his whole contract. 

We still have to take a 4.57 million cap hit for the 2 dummy years Howie tacked on for 2024/2025 that get accelerated after his last season (2023). 

Howie.gif

That’s just if he’s cut though I believe, like base salary transfers.

It’d still be a couple mil per year but nothing that holds them back. I think.