2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

Giants cut Kelvin Benjamin at the very start of training camp... Here's what he had to say about Joe Judge: 

Who said taking a chance on Kelvin was better than going after Kerryon? Yeah.... about that.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Giants cut Kelvin Benjamin at the very start of training camp... Here's what he had to say about Joe Judge: 

Who said taking a chance on Kelvin was better than going after Kerryon? Yeah.... about that.

Know-it-all? Chip Kelly vibes.

Just replace "fast/speed" for "toughness".

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

lmao 

Joe Judge may have been the least qualified person to get a HC gig in the past decade.

He was the Patriots WR coach the year that Tom Brady said "nah I'm out, I can't work with this ****."

Mike Lombardi? Dat you? 

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm not joking. He was in fact less qualified than Doug Pederson. 

It was a wild hire.

Like he didn't come as a coordinator who was doing great things, an integral asst to a great unit, have grand new ways to do things on either side of the ball. The only sense I could make of it is they wanted to overcorrect to get things more buckled down and prioritized it over all else.

Like so many New England assistants he saw how tough Bill is and took that as the gospel. Not really taking in the other side to it. Like you have to have an answer to the Why? question as a leader. Just doing something for no reason is stupid and you look like an idiot (See like every NE asst turned HC). Grown men see through it right away, hell the middle school kids I used to coach could too.  

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Alright I guess 

They listed him as a CB when he was at tryouts earlier this year, which I find interesting. It would be great if Gannon could get something out of him. He's probably just a camp body though. Worth a shot with his upside.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Alright I guess 

Third team in 3 years as a 2nd rounder. Sheesh. He’s got to be really bad. Worth a camp shot though. 

Also signed WR Andre Patton. Played with the Chargers, had very minimal effect. Looks like he was undrafted. Camp body signing. Maybe squeeze JJ off the team? Hopefully? 

Edited by Jroc04

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Third team in 3 years as a 2nd rounder. Sheesh. He’s got to be really bad. Worth a camp shot though. 

His brother a 3rd rounder this year will probably be a better pro.

58 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

They listed him as a CB when he was at tryouts earlier this year, which I find interesting. It would be great if Gannon could get something out of him. He's probably just a camp body though. Worth a shot with his upside.

Yeah, I remember him trying out. 

Gannon does like bigger/longer corners I think or at least his mentors did.