Playoffs - Wild Card Round

Leader

1 hour ago, AustrianPacker said:

We have to hope that Wolford, Smith or Trubisky are knocking out either Brady, Brees or Wilson to avoid playing TB, which I would like to do. Don´t really like our chances. 

I still think Goff plays. The Rams are still the best chance. Otherwise, it's Tampa. 

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's actually more likely WFT beats TB than the Rams win in Seattle (according to advanced metrics). But it's very close. About 1/4 chance of each.

Washington is being massively underrated, 5 first round picks on that DL and Brady sucks when pressured by 4 man rushes. That game will be low scoring and close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Washington is being massively underrated, 5 first round picks on that DL and Brady sucks when pressured by 4 man rushes. That game will be low scoring and close.

You're talking about a "roughly" +75 team with Smith as a starter vs a +135 team. Stranger things have definitely happened, but I'm skeptical it's that close. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're talking about a "roughly" +75 team with Smith as a starter vs a +135 team. Stranger things have definitely happened, but I'm skeptical it's that close. 

Is that scoring differential?

Don't know, if Tampa's OL plays excellent that wouldn't surprise me. However if that pass rush is getting home, it's going to be close. Games to me are always about a team's greatest strength, versus it's opponent's weakness. If you overcome that (like we did vs Henry) it usually goes very well for you. We'll see how the Bucs block them up front.

53 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I just have no faith in a banged up Alex Smith and that Wash offense. It looked like hot garbage against Philly who (1) has a bad defense, (2) was sitting several of their defensive starters due to injury and (3) wasn't trying to win. I think the Bucs win the game pretty easily if they score 20 points. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, but Alex Smith is nursing an injured leg, and Rivera is considering platooning QB's...Hard to say how either will affect the WFT's offensive play....

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I just have no faith in a banged up Alex Smith and that Wash offense. It looked like hot garbage against Philly who (1) has a bad defense, (2) was sitting several of their defensive starters due to injury and (3) wasn't trying to win. I think the Bucs win the game pretty easily if they score 20 points. 

Where did I say that Alex Smith was going to win the game for them?

I'm expecting the defense to harass Brady and get a few turnovers. Mike Evans isn't going to be effective if he plays, their running game runs hot and cold, I'm just not afraid of TB's offense.

This game will be won like 17-14 or 21-17 and the winner will be the one who turns it over less.

33 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

(1) Philly has a top 15 defense

(2) Which players were sitting?

(3) lol

Cox and Barnett didn't play. I think I read they were down something like 6 starters between defense and offense. 

The bottom line is that Smith couldn't move out there. He didn't look good. Thif this team had a healthy Smith (calf), McLaurin (high ankle) and Gibson (turf toe), I'd give them a fighting chance. All three of those guys are playing with significant injuries right now. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Where did I say that Alex Smith was going to win the game for them?

I'm expecting the defense to harass Brady and get a few turnovers. Mike Evans isn't going to be effective if he plays, their running game runs hot and cold, I'm just not afraid of TB's offense.

This game will be won like 17-14 or 21-17 and the winner will be the one who turns it over less.

I wouldn't overlook that AB is heating up. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he is their leading WR in the playoffs. 

I'm not saying Smith will win it either. But he has to at least play at the same level he played against Pitt for example. I don't see it from him playing on one leg. 

It would help Wash if the weather sucks on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Is that scoring differential?

Don't know, if Tampa's OL plays excellent that wouldn't surprise me. However if that pass rush is getting home, it's going to be close. Games to me are always about a team's greatest strength, versus it's opponent's weakness. If you overcome that (like we did vs Henry) it usually goes very well for you. We'll see how the Bucs block them up front.

I Feel You Yes GIF by Bounce