Playoffs - Wild Card Round

Leader

7 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Did you guys hear about this?  Sounds weird. Probably couldn’t be much worse than the normal telecast. 

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2021/1/6/22178121/nfl-playoff-game-on-nickelodeon-broadcast-bears-vs-saints-cartoon-slime-wild-card-round-announcers

I mean to be fair, watching the Bears in a playoff game is pretty much like watching Nickelodeon. 

Edited by packfanfb

9 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Did you guys hear about this?  Sounds weird. Probably couldn’t be much worse than the normal telecast. 

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2021/1/6/22178121/nfl-playoff-game-on-nickelodeon-broadcast-bears-vs-saints-cartoon-slime-wild-card-round-announcers

Von Miller hosting a kids show right now?? Whoa 😳 

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I opted in for tickets this year, so I suspect I'm among the 10,000 who are eligible. Will advise if I hear anything!

Do you know how many opted in?

judging by Murphy’s comments the other day I would have assumed it was going to be area vaccined health care professionals 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Do you know how many opted in?

judging by Murphy’s comments the other day I would have assumed it was going to be area vaccined health care professionals 

no idea - and that makes more sense. I'm not vaccinated, nor area, nor healthy nor professional.

my odds seem much lower than they did minutes ago

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

no idea - and that makes more sense. I'm not vaccinated, nor area, nor healthy nor professional.

It was around 15000 that opted in. I am also one of the opt ins.

I don't think the healthcare thing is accurate at all. If they're opening the stadium, it's to make some coin. I'm sure they'll invite another 500-1000 healthcare workers, but ticket holders as well. 

GB has gone from the #1 hot spot among NFL stadiums, to #24/32. There's no reason it's not safe to have ticket holders like the bottom tier teams have been doing all season with no issues.

32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think the healthcare thing is accurate at all. If they're opening the stadium, it's to make some coin. I'm sure they'll invite another 500-1000 healthcare workers, but ticket holders as well. 

GB has gone from the #1 hot spot among NFL stadiums, to #24/32. There's no reason it's not safe to have ticket holders like the bottom tier teams have been doing all season with no issues.

given the option, I'm 100% going

I'm assuming just rest for Smith, Wagner (who was banged up) and Adams. 

Keke still not being back is concerning though. He's deep into the second week of his concussion. Would like to have him back for the game next week so hopefully he's getting closer. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

52 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You can think it's inaccurate all you want, but it's literally from Murphy the other day and I think the numbers would match up.

MT5: Expanded playoffs proving to be positive for league (packers.com)

Drew from NY

Hey Mark, wouldn't it be great to get tickets for a home playoff game to a decent number of front-line healthcare workers (and other essential workers) who can show proof of being vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2? I would be more than willing to donate the ticket price for a few of them.

It would provide a REAL home-field advantage and also be a great way to show appreciation to the folks on the front line, and maybe even provide some encouragement to vaccine skeptics. I realize that it could be a huge logistical challenge, but it would be really cool.

Excellent idea, Drew. This is actually something that we are considering and hopefully will be able to do for home playoff games. The league is also looking to invite vaccinated health care workers from the NFL cities to the Super Bowl. I think it will send a strong message and hopefully encourage people across the country to get vaccinated.

Further:

Thanks for your suggestions, Allen and Dennis. We've really been pleased to be able to honor our front-line workers (health care, police and fire department employees) by inviting them to attend our last two home games. We would like to continue to have invited guests for home playoff games (and the groups that you both mention are providing important services), but I worry about where we would draw the line if we go beyond front-line workers. As a result, we would like to continue to invite front-line workers, and possibly include front-line workers from beyond the Green Bay area.

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

You can think it's inaccurate all you want, but it's literally from Murphy the other day and I think the numbers would match up.

MT5: Expanded playoffs proving to be positive for league (packers.com)

Drew from NY

Hey Mark, wouldn't it be great to get tickets for a home playoff game to a decent number of front-line healthcare workers (and other essential workers) who can show proof of being vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2? I would be more than willing to donate the ticket price for a few of them.

It would provide a REAL home-field advantage and also be a great way to show appreciation to the folks on the front line, and maybe even provide some encouragement to vaccine skeptics. I realize that it could be a huge logistical challenge, but it would be really cool.

Excellent idea, Drew. This is actually something that we are considering and hopefully will be able to do for home playoff games. The league is also looking to invite vaccinated health care workers from the NFL cities to the Super Bowl. I think it will send a strong message and hopefully encourage people across the country to get vaccinated.

Further:

Thanks for your suggestions, Allen and Dennis. We've really been pleased to be able to honor our front-line workers (health care, police and fire department employees) by inviting them to attend our last two home games. We would like to continue to have invited guests for home playoff games (and the groups that you both mention are providing important services), but I worry about where we would draw the line if we go beyond front-line workers. As a result, we would like to continue to invite front-line workers, and possibly include front-line workers from beyond the Green Bay area.

Yeah, as I said, they'll continue to invite them. Says nothing about withholding the ticket holders.

They've said all along if GB dropped it's number dramatically (they have) they'd open up the stadium for a limited amount of ticket holders.