2021 Offseason Roster Moves

Pastor Dillon

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I figured you would be excited about Nick Martin getting cut 

I couldn't care less, if we're being honest.

Even with the cut, it's offset by discussions on keeping David Johnson. The only way you can lower Johnson's cap hit is extending him, converting his salary to a signing bonus and stretching that out over however many years you keep him.

David Johnson was horrible last season - so it's clear he's being kept because he's liked by someone.

• Like 1

We are gonna have potentially 40 million in cap space this off season. I suspect we sign a lot of small 1 year deals unless we really are gonna trade Watson. If we trade Watson, I bet we just go really young, tank next year and look to be a full rebuild. If we can get 3 or 4 1sts for Watson and draft a young QB, the new head coach in 2023 will have a solid foundation to work with. 

On 2/26/2021 at 3:41 PM, tab said:

as a creature of spite, im enjoying all these cuts

edit: except will fuller

His contract was so bad... we couldn't get a 7th or even a player swap out of this.

EVERY OTHER TEAM KNEW HE WAS OVERPAID... it is d@mn near laughable how bad the FO was / is (prove me wrong, Nick)

Oh yeah... that MF cost us one of the Colts' games last year... He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Bet he signs with the Cowpokes to play with his brother on a cheap contract cause he has that Texans' SB to offset 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

What sucks is this still puts him top 12ish range for RB cap hit. 

I guess it's better than when he was the highest paid RB in the division - yes, more than Derrick Henry.

I'm sincerely waiting for a single moment when I can say "that was a good decision" from this regime.

• Like 2

The Johnson deal isn’t terrible. It’s just 2 million more in guaranteed money and drops his cap hit 3-4 million. I’d like to see what incentives his deal has since over a million is not guaranteed. 

johnson is mainly viewed in such a bad light because of the trade he was involved in but he had 1,005 yards and 8 TDs rush/receive last year. Not too shabby. 

RB is still a need in the draft. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The Johnson deal isn’t terrible. It’s just 2 million more in guaranteed money and drops his cap hit 3-4 million. I’d like to see what incentives his deal has since over a million is not guaranteed. 

johnson is mainly viewed in such a bad light because of the trade he was involved in but he had 1,005 yards and 8 TDs rush/receive last year. Not too shabby. 

RB is still a need in the draft. 

He was 19th out of all RBs last year in combined rushing and receiving yards and only 33 yards ahead of 7th round Myles Gaskin on Miami. It's not terrible, but for him potentially earning over $6 million, I feel like we're overpaying for very limited potential. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LORK88 said:

He was 19th out of all RBs last year in combined rushing and receiving yards and only 33 yards ahead of 7th round Myles Gaskin on Miami. It's not terrible, but for him potentially earning over $6 million, I feel like we're overpaying for very limited potential. 

His deal is only 4 million guaranteed so he must have incentives that push him to 6. We can cut him after camp and it only costs us an extra 2 million versus what he was scheduled to make if we cut him in the first place. It’s a 2 million dollar risk that he can be a decent RB next year. 

17 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm sincerely waiting for a single moment when I can say "that was a good decision" from this regime.

the worst part is that we wont know if the good decisions are made by cesario or EasterCal, since so many stupid af decisions were made before the GM hire

• Like 1