Jump to content

2021 Offseason Roster Moves


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

The afternoon guys on 610 were speculating that possibly one of the 3 not names Deshaun  was taking part in the OTA's boycott and that's why Driskel was brought in. 

Given his experiences with team facilities and team doctors, I could see Tyrod Taylor staying away.

21 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Or they saw some live reps of one of the guys and thought, WTF

Given who Ryan Findley is, I could see this too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I

On 5/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, lumberjackchris said:

The afternoon guys on 610 were speculating that possibly one of the 3 not names Deshaun  was taking part in the OTA's boycott and that's why Driskel was brought in. 

Or they saw some live reps of one of the guys and thought, WTF

why is there an OTAs boycott? And why would a fringe roster player take part in it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, ET80 said:
On 5/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, lumberjackchris said:

Or they saw some live reps of one of the guys and thought, WTF

Given who Ryan Findley is, I could see this too.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/24/texans-releasing-ryan-finley/amp/

And it's door #2 for the win!

It was an odd trade when it happened, and this release sort of confirms that this was an odd trade. It wasn't much in terms of a trade, but we'll chalk this up as something Caserio threw against the wall that didn't stick.

Oh well, I'll fondly remember the Ryan Findley era in Houston...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, here is some sunshine for this cloudy... um, year:

https://www.battleredblog.com/platform/amp/2021/5/27/22456276/nfl-salary-cap-implications-on-the-houston-texans-future

Factoring in the cap bump next season and a potential trade of a certain QB, the 2022 Texans could be sitting on $64.7mm in cap space.

If that's exciting, 2023 might even get crazier - assuming a few things given the deals on roster and the growth of the salary cap, the potential cap space looks like a behemoth $136mm.

So, the team will be sitting on a significant amount of cash... with a top pick in 2022, along with the additional assets brought in follow the eventual trade of the owner of Lefty's Sub Sandwich Shop.

(Now, find a new coaching staff between now and then... Bring in Eberflus, please?)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 2:35 PM, LORK88 said:
On 3/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, tab said:

Ooh?

 

 

Love this move, I have to imagine that he's moving inside to RG. 

So, per 610 - Cannon is listed as RT, Howard is RG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

So, per 610 - Cannon is listed as RT, Howard is RG.

wow... interesting.... I understand it, but I thought Cannon looked better on the move in the past (with NE)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

wow... interesting.... I understand it, but I thought Cannon looked better on the move in the past (with NE)

I was high on Howard as a G, I think he's got elite potential at the position. He's a fine RT, but I think he could be an All-Pro G.

We'll see, but it's a direction I don't dislike.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ET80 said:

I was high on Howard as a G, I think he's got elite potential at the position. He's a fine RT, but I think he could be an All-Pro G.

We'll see, but it's a direction I don't dislike.

Time to mock some more first round right tackles 🤑🤑🤑...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest we bring in Wilford Brimley to become the Home Field Advantage team captain...

Diabeetus GIF

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The fanbase is talking...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/07/texans-are-struggling-to-sell-season-tickets/amp/

For a team that likes to advertise a sellout streak since inception, this is a big problem. It's what happens when Jamey Rootes leaves the building, JJ Watt signs with Arizona, Andre Johnson openly trashes the organization, etc.

Oh well...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ET80 said:

The fanbase is talking...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/07/texans-are-struggling-to-sell-season-tickets/amp/

For a team that likes to advertise a sellout streak since inception, this is a big problem. It's what happens when Jamey Rootes leaves the building, JJ Watt signs with Arizona, Andre Johnson openly trashes the organization, etc.

Oh well...

i wont believe it till i see it.  we still have dumb fans that still going to attend especially given we are a football city.  heck its still dumb ones that travel to see this organization. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

i wont believe it till i see it.  we still have dumb fans that still going to attend especially given we are a football city.  heck its still dumb ones that travel to see this organization. 

Games are "sellouts" because the sponsors buy out any empty seats and either give them away or do nothing with them. 

They've bragged about another sellout crowd in a near empty stadium before (pre-Covid). It has nothing to do with actual people in seats, it's tickets sold - and as long as BHP Billiton is buying tickets, all tickets will be sold.

That starts becoming a burden to these corporations, buying all of these tickets. It's not noticable now with limited seating, but it'll hit some bottom lines once full capacity is a thing. We'll see if the corporations will want to spend that much on it...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...