2021 Offseason Roster Moves

Pastor Dillon

#1 I know it's Summer League... but what a comeback by the baby Rox...

#2 not really seeing any players worth claiming this 1st round of cuts:

CB Ken Webster (SF) crazy tools, but never put it together

LB/S Montrel Meander (CLE) might fit in a Tampa-2 b/c of coverage abilities & measureables, but if you get cut at this point...

DB Stephen Denmark (PIT) see above

QB Josh Rosen (SF) gotta be better than Driskell

13 hours ago, jch1911 said:

QB Josh Rosen (SF) gotta be better than Driskell

Eh, I'm not sure about that. Rosen is REALLY bad. This is what, his 4th or 5th team now? 

Josh Rosen might be the worst QB in football history - absolutely no sort of tangible talent to play at the pro level, combined with a significant ego. If the name of the game is building a culture, then the pampered and entitled Rosen is not a guy teams want.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Eh, I'm not sure about that. Rosen is REALLY bad. This is what, his 4th or 5th team now? 

Josh Rosen might be the worst QB in football history - absolutely no sort of tangible talent to play at the pro level, combined with a significant ego. If the name of the game is building a culture, then the pampered and entitled Rosen is not a guy teams want.

He has arm talent - a la Savage (read it like a French perfume) - but not what most QBs need: between the ears.  Plus not mobile = bad for his health in NFL.  Definitely one of biggest busts of all time.

AZ, MIA, SF... I cannot think of any others, but 3 in 3 years is pretty bad for former #10 overall.

But my original point was there was not much talent cut in that first round of cuts.

Also, did anybody else catch Ossai wrecking shop for Cincy... I know it's preseason... but that may come back to haunt us

4 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

He has arm talent - a la Savage (read it like a French perfume) - but not what most QBs need: between the ears.  Plus not mobile = bad for his health in NFL.  Definitely one of biggest busts of all time.

I don't even think he had THAT. Overall touch was off, didn't have great arm strength, didn't properly lead receivers, completely melted in the face of pressure...

I honestly think he was hyped because he played on a good UCLA team and managed to beat a very bad USC team a few times. Add that with his undeserved sense of accomplishment and over inflated ego, people assumed he was great.

• Like 1

Texans cut DL Brandon Dunn, who appeared in 13 games for them in 2020.

Dunn played a career-high 451 snaps in 2020 before a fractured hip ended his year. His recovery went well – he noted in July that his hip was back at 100% – but the Texans evidently decided to go in another direction. Still just 28 years old, the veteran defensive lineman will now have to look for a new team.

On 8/20/2021 at 6:01 AM, jch1911 said:

Texans cut DL Brandon Dunn, who appeared in 13 games for them in 2020.

Dunn played a career-high 451 snaps in 2020 before a fractured hip ended his year. His recovery went well – he noted in July that his hip was back at 100% – but the Texans evidently decided to go in another direction. Still just 28 years old, the veteran defensive lineman will now have to look for a new team.

He’s not a scheme fit and his coming off a major injury 

• Like 1