2021 Offseason Roster Moves

Pastor Dillon

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'll let others comment. I wasn't a fan, but I think @Pastor Dillon liked him...

I don’t know where “I liked him” because I was never particularly fond of him, just that he was an average center and if we cut him, I didn’t know how we would replace him. 

he’s very average. He will make some big mistakes at times. He’s probably better than anyone we still have at center but he’s never gonna be a pro bowl guy. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hi friends! Can you tell me about C Nick Martin?

Short version is solid in the passing game, underwhelming in the running game. To add additional context, he never missed many games, so he was at least reliable. He also was responsible for the loss against the Colts where he botched a snap which has a few of us bitter. He wasn't worth his contract which is the problem. Decent starter? Absolutely, especially one who didn't miss time. Worth $11 million a year? Hell no. 

Edited by LORK88

I LOVE THIS SIGNING

he was MVP of my fantasy team his rookie year and I flat out said I wanted his jersey if my sister ever moved to Denver like she had been considering at the time haha 

I’m excited to see him play

Some thoughts (before Georgetown tourney game)

So far, Casserole has been decent.....

Impressed he was able to sign Phillip Lindsay, KPL, & DK2 with limited funds available.

DK2 is an upgrade over John Reid, but I kind of would have liked to see what Reid could do with more reps, coaching, etc.

I don't think Finley was a horrible get, his QBase #'s from FO shows he had promise.

As many LBs as we have signed, I still think Adams & Cole would be good re-signs if they were cheap.

Still hope we get another boundary CB to start opposite Roby.

Plus I think we need some competition for LJ2 at SS.  If we traded him for a 3rd / 4th round pick or starting DB, I would be okay with that as well.

Moves I would still like to see Nice Casserole make

- Trade Merc to NYJ (give them 6-212 for a 2022 7th - yes, paying Jets to take Merc off our handscreates ~$6.5M in cap space this year

- Restructure Cunningham create ~$6M in cap space this year

- Cut Brandon Dunn should have signed his replacement at this point and creates ~$2M in cap space this year

- Sign WR Chris Conley could be cheap alternative to play Fuller role (he was just in Htown for visit on Friday!)

- Sign IOL Ryan Groy versatile and played for Campen with Chargers last year

- Bring back LBs Cole & Adams if they are willing to take cheap contracts

- Re-sign CB Gareon Conley seems built for Tampa 2; would offer 1 year, $4M contract

Draft

- draft IOL Quinn Meinerz in 3rd

- trade back into 3rd for DL Milton Williams (trade 4th + 5th)

- hope CB Robert Rochell is around in 4th (trade 5th + 6th + WR Hansen)

- trade LJ2 for 4th (SAF Hamsah Nasirildeen) not sure if a certain someone would be in love with his name

Roster

QB Watson ? / Taylor / Finley

RB Dav Johnson / Ingram / Lindsay

WR Cooks / Conley / Coutee / Cobb / Roberts / Coulter  yeah, Roberts messing with the whole Cs vibe

TE Akins / Brown / Warring / Izzo

OT Tunsil / Howard / Heck / Toner (or UDFA)

IOL Cannon / Scharping / Meinerz / Britt / Groy 

Edge Lawson / Greenard / Omenihu / Martin / Rivers

IDL Milt Williams / Blacklock / Hall / Collins

LB Cunningham / Kirksey / KPL / Adams / Cole / KGH

CB Roby / Conley / King / Rochell / Crossen / John Reid 

SAF Justin Reid / Nasirildeen / Owens / Moore (or Murray)

K Ka'imi / P Johnston / LS Kukwa

Not the best team in the world.... yeah... 'nuff said

Texans signed LB Jordan Jenkins to a two-year, $6 million contract.

Jenkins is coming off a down 2020 with the Jets, setting a career low with two sacks while missing four games to a shoulder injury. He had surgery in December to repair a torn labrum. When healthy, Jenkins adds a proven pass rusher to a defense that lost J.J. Watt this offseason. Jenkins should start opposite Whitney Mercilus, with Shaq Lawson rotating in sub-packages.

per rotoworld