Biggs: Pace on shaky ground

WindyCity

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Who has control of the 53?

Who has final say on the QB?

That sounds like an organizational cluster F.

The first doesnt really help you. This is a 53 that did make the playoffs again compared to how often in the previous 10 years before Pace revamped the roster? 

The QB is the big issue. Had he gotten Mahomes or Watson you wouldnt have even brought the first point up to begin with, which is why it isnt worth going into detail. He needs someone to help get a QB and needs someone to develop the QB. Idc about Nagys existing contract because it isnt much compared to the dead cap of cutting a player. Get the President/CEO to help with the QB and HC choices and move on. Pace has built a decent team and will need to focus on the OL, OTs in the next offseason. 

Not even close. The Emery/Trestman years were the cluster. We dont have to dump the entire roster like that. Shockingly though yes, people are aging. Pieces will have to be moved and new faces brought in like every other year. 

Get the new President/CEO, draw a hard line for 2021 and see what happens.

45 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

The first doesnt really help you. This is a 53 that did make the playoffs again compared to how often in the previous 10 years before Pace revamped the roster? 

The QB is the big issue. Had he gotten Mahomes or Watson you wouldnt have even brought the first point up to begin with, which is why it isnt worth going into detail. He needs someone to help get a QB and needs someone to develop the QB. Idc about Nagys existing contract because it isnt much compared to the dead cap of cutting a player. Get the President/CEO to help with the QB and HC choices and move on. Pace has built a decent team and will need to focus on the OL, OTs in the next offseason. 

Not even close. The Emery/Trestman years were the cluster. We dont have to dump the entire roster like that. Shockingly though yes, people are aging. Pieces will have to be moved and new faces brought in like every other year. 

Get the new President/CEO, draw a hard line for 2021 and see what happens.

Who has final say on decisions?

If it is Pace, then your President doesn’t have any real power outside of firing Pace.

If it is the President, than Pace would have to agree to giving up power and becoming a glorified personnel director.

It just doesn’t sound functional.

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

And they only beat the bums put in front of them [outside of TB]

They lost to the good teams.

Nonsense is acting like that is impressive. 8-8 isn't something to be celebrated.

No one is saying 8-8 should be celebrated however it should also not be rubbished by cherry picking wins we want to count as wins and wins we don't...every win is a win because you can only beat the teams you are asked to play...not our faults if those teams suck.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

See this is where I remain consistent.  Coaching.  The roster isnt old, its league avg.  If Nagy wasnt the problem, then why did the offense stink worse under Nick Foles?  Why did it get better when he gave up play calling.  The defense for all the cries about getting worse, was still a top 10 defense.  The offense stunk.  

Nagy has his share of blame.

The OL is bad and our QB isn’t good. No offense can be good with that combo.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

No one is saying 8-8 should be celebrated however it should also not be rubbished by cherry picking wins we want to count as wins and wins we don't...every win is a win because you can only beat the teams you are asked to play...not our faults if those teams suck.

How much more time should an 8-8 record and a playoff *** kicking at the hands of the Saints buy them?

This team is mediocre. After 6 seasons that isn’t good enough for a GM.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Who has final say on decisions?

If it is Pace, then your President doesn’t have any real power outside of firing Pace.

If it is the President, than Pace would have to agree to giving up power and becoming a glorified personnel director.

It just doesn’t sound functional.

President. 

Do you feel like Pace will immediately receive a GM job elsewhere? Me either.

So I think he does as he needs to or else he finds himself making significantly less.  That motivates people. If he doesn't then Pace and Nagy both are out, likely with an earlier 1st round pick to help attract the new HC/GM.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears defense was 14th in points per game. Bottom 1/3rd in sacks and take aways.

It is one of the top 5 most expensive in the league.

Major disappointment.

It is. But...some of that was mental fatigue. However, they ain't gettin' any younger, so changes will need to be made. It's unfortunate we had (have) a GM psychotically focused on building up that side of the ball. Figuring the rest would take care of itself, I guess. Because of the quarterback? Maybe? 

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

President. 

Do you feel like Pace will immediately receive a GM job elsewhere? Me either.

So I think he does as he needs to or else he finds himself making significantly less.  That motivates people. If he doesn't then Pace and Nagy both are out, likely with an earlier 1st round pick to help attract the new HC/GM.

As long as Pace doesn’t have control of the cap space and the draft picks.

If they want to demote Pace I am fine with that.

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

It is. But...some of that was mental fatigue. However, they ain't gettin' any younger, so changes will need to be made. It's unfortunate we had (have) a GM psychotically focused on building up that side of the ball. Figuring the rest would take care of itself, I guess. Because of the quarterback? Maybe? 

Robert Quinn sucks. That hurt them.

Pagano is useless.

Mack isn’t as dominant as he was.

Hicks is declining.

Skrine and Trevathan have struggled on and off all year and look slow.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

As long as Pace doesn’t have control of the cap space and the draft picks.

If they want to demote Pace I am fine with that.

Yep,  I want the President to give the ok on everything so if 2021 flops we have cap space and a full set of picks for thr new crew. I dont want to be the 5th or 6th best location for those two like we could be this year. 

If 2021 goes surprisingly well then they should have the space to reload and picks to try and cover/replace aging vets. We need more playmakers. 

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yep,  I want the President to give the ok on everything so if 2021 flops we have cap space and a full set of picks for thr new crew. I dont want to be the 5th or 6th best location for those two like we could be this year. 

If 2021 goes surprisingly well then they should have the space to reload and picks to try and cover/replace aging vets. We need more playmakers. 

I am fine with demotion of Pace.

I don’t need desperate Pace making more awful moves.

41 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Don't you think this creates a horrible environment within the organization?

You're basically creating a new position and hiring a boss for Ryan Pace. There are scouts and other executives in the organization who will be loyal to Pace. This screams of something the Washington Football Team would do.