Biggs: Pace on shaky ground

4 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Don't you think this creates a horrible environment within the organization?

You're basically creating a new position and hiring a boss for Ryan Pace. There are scouts and other executives in the organization who will be loyal to Pace. This screams of something the Washington Football Team would do.

It would be a massive slap in the face to Pace. He would be demoted and lose all of his power.

I think we should have Mitch, Glennon and Foles deliver the news to Pace via conference call.

23 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Don't you think this creates a horrible environment within the organization?

You're basically creating a new position and hiring a boss for Ryan Pace. There are scouts and other executives in the organization who will be loyal to Pace. This screams of something the Washington Football Team would do.

Not really. In the end everyone is replaceable and if this leads to the team being better than football purgatory then he (Pace) gets an extension. 

I want someone over Pace. I want it to be someone other than a damn accountant. I'd trust any about any of us more than Philips in the football world. I'd trust him more than any of you with doing my taxes for what that's worth. I prefer having two football guys working together to get the job done. If they're too prideful to take that help and experience, then drop them and move on. We dont need an executive version of Nagy refusing to accept help or spread the load (allegedly). 

They can be as loyal as they want, if Pace gets fired he isnt going to be able to re-hire them anyway so they'll scatter for whatever roles they can get. These guys aren't making millions they need their jobs. If they want to walk away from someone who is trying g to get the Bears to be a true contender for the NFC North and in the playoffs then they aren't worth keeping anyway. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm fine with Pace staying but he needs help. He needs to have someone aid him in QB evaluation and his first round picks. He needs help picking coaches because we aren't elevating and developing players. I think @JAF-N72EX has pointed out a lot of his strong points and finding someone who does EVERYTHING well is going to be a major pain. Why not take advantage of what he does well and get a President/CEO to help with his weak points? That's why Rick Smith is my top priority. 

I would be fine with this while also keeping Nagy for another year too (but only IF he is willing to give up play-calling).  I know I harp alot about Nagy's play-calling as OC but I really think he can be a really good HC (who is still learning) and I hate to see him go somewhere else and make us look like fools down the road.  But I also don't think that is a realistic outcome either. 

• Like 1