What music should I listen to at work?

incognito_man

I work in a fairly noisy office setting and need headphones on to not get distracted. I need some new tunes/bands to pull up while at work.

electronic Instrumental/chillstep type of music is often a go to for me (Daft Punk, Porter Robinson, Explosions in the Sky, Blackmill, Emancipator, Stefano Mocini are some staples). Would appreciate more recommendations along these lines, or really any other music people enjoy for work/studying. I'll pull up 90s playlists occasionally as well, and then classic rock albums too. Unfortunately Radio Paradise is blocked at my place of work so I can't login there anymore. That is what I always have on at home, however.

I'm an engineer if that makes any difference, so like more 'backgroundy' type music while concentrating.

Thanks

Explosions In The Sky is one of my go-to music selections for when I'm at work.

It's an easy listen, there are no lyrics, which personally helps me while I'm at work and able to listen to music as well as having my ears out for other things going on. A little slow, a little soft, but perfect for me. 

Try it before you laugh:

Classical.

Bach and Beethoven are my go-tos. High-energy stuff. I stay away from some of the 'sleepier' stuff like Brahms and Debussy. No lyrical distraction, it's unoffensive for a work setting, it doesn't set a tone that is distracting (rock, jazz, any pop music).

5 hours ago, tom cody said:

Are you allowed to have your phone on at work? If yes then download the tuneinradio app and find a station you like and go from there. 

Not a fan of radio at work myself, the constant commercials are really distracting for me, and even the best stations become repetitive after a while.

2 hours ago, coors said:

Explosions In The Sky is one of my go-to music selections for when I'm at work.

It's an easy listen, there are no lyrics, which personally helps me while I'm at work and able to listen to music as well as having my ears out for other things going on. A little slow, a little soft, but perfect for me. 

That Friday Night Lights theme song tho

Archived