2020 Play-offs GDT: Super WC Weekend Round 1 Steelers vs. Browns

Steeler Hitman

On 1/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, Dcash4 said:

To be fair to JuJu, the quote really isnt that bad since he is just repeating how his coach says he approaches teams as "nameless grey faces". 

But people that want to make this something to get a little juice out of will, and JuJu has just been setting up a juice stand too often for teams to swing by before the game. 

Also, if you listen to the whole interview it’s not the shot that is being portrayed. A Little shot, but like always a sensationalist media quoted only what drives news and makes it sound worse than it is. I do wish JJSS would think through some of what he does, sometimes I think he does it more for views/likes than anything else. 

50 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm going to be really annoyed if they lose this.I think its a lock the offense will come out stagnate, just hope they're not turning it over while being stuck in the mud

it will look really bad for ben and fichner if they fail considering they should have won last week with mason and reserves on defence as well as the Browns not having Vernon this week. Lose this, and expect to have to answer to a media that has good reason to be critical.  If the defence wins the game, then the offence should still be on the hotseat.  Just tired of fichner and this offence, but the only way it goes away is when ben retires. Yippee!!!!!!:x IOW, one more year for sure and then if that goes decent enough and ben still wants to play, another few more years:x

Even if we win it all (I know, just saying) this will be it. Enjoy what's left of this run where when we had the offence the defence was terrible and when the defence was good, the offence was terrible. 

If they lose this ,  maybe TJ leaves to go to a winner instead of staying one a sinking ship. He saw his brother waste away on a losing team, why follow. Thats what's nice and fair about UFA, the players can choose 

Edited by 3rivers

2 hours ago, August4th said:

I'm going to be really annoyed if they lose this.I think its a lock the offense will come out stagnate, just hope they're not turning it over while being stuck in the mud

Yeah, this is a great game to come out fast. A 10 point first quarter goes a loooong way against a running game team with a new play caller and no head coach vs our pass rush and secondary.

I just have no faith in an offense run by Randy that’s been AWFUL at starting games for the last three years to take advantage. 

The Browns have a really important 15-20 plays to get though on their first 2-3 drives to stay on a schedule. If they can stay on track, it’s probably going to be a long day. If we can knock them off course early, I think we should put it away. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, August4th said:

I have a bad feeling about tonight tbh

I'm seeing this as the ultimate trap game. We might win  with narrow margin, but I expect randy to fail as usual, the team to play down because of the covid browns and  in the end the defence will save the day.  

fire fichner or 

hope for covid or

keep fichner away from key offensive     all players  or

suffer at his hands

repeat until ben retires

2 hours ago, August4th said:

I have a bad feeling about tonight tbh

Best case scenario: Steelers shock everyone and the offense and defense play at a high level, and we win tonight en route tons SB victory.

Middle case scenario:   Offense is trash, Ben throws 4 picks, and Steelers are blown out.   Ben is demoralized is decides to retire two weeks after the season ends.    Pouncey decides to follow Ben into retirement.   Fitchner is fired shortly after.    Those retirements allow the team to resign a few key players.

Worst case scenario:   Offense sucks bad eek out a win, but lose a relatively close game vs the Bills.   Just enough to make Ben decide to come back for one last run next year, and the Steelers decide to retain Fitchner to keep Ben happy.