2020 Play-offs GDT: Super WC Weekend Round 1 Steelers vs. Browns

Steeler Hitman

i am a huge tomlin fan. i am a massive tolim fan. i've been a tomlin defender. i will always be a tomlin defender and think he's a top five coach.

but that was a guileless, cowardly decision to not go for it. my jaw was hanging on the floor when we didn't, and i still can't believe it. the offense was humming at that point, we punted it away in a game where our vaunted defense had been playing terribly, and we got justly scored on because of it. natural justice. ball does not lie.

i will say this

i'm probably the only person here who'll want ben back, and maybe it's because i'm hoping to make a trip to the US after graduating from uni, and want to see ben.

a shame that the defense had to save its' worst game of the year for this game. i know that we were down bud, haden, bush, but still it's a shame, because even as disgusting as the offense was for a lot of this game, it did enough that if our defense played even to its' average level we could've come away with the win here. i'm not too alarmed for next season, and think we can come back and win a lot of games and even contend for a title.

Just now, DR43 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that ended our sack streak. 

maybe, I only watched bits of this debacle.  The defence sure looked terrible as well.  The entire team looked disinterested and not prepared, like so many other tomlin trap games. I have had my share of tolerance for him during his regime, but I think he has shown for the last time that he can';t get the team ready for these types of games. He shouldn't have to , but his roster, culture and approach has this reoccurring all too  often. 

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Its fitting.  

It should be the end of a lot of things. 

It' probably the end of me watching and being on here. Too much will have to change on this team, plus I don't care for the way the nfl is anymore anyways.  It's over, some good times but thats it.  If I was TJ Watt, I would go somewhere else, this is a sinking ship as long as ben , pouncey and fichner are here and maybe add tomlin too .  This was just terrible by all of them and none of them will be held accountable.  No need to waste time on any of this anymore

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

never get over them getting blown out by a team that did not have its HC and barely practice in 2 weeks. this is worse than the tebow game tbh, at least they had some excuses in that one(half the defense was hurt due to injury and that game went to OT at Milehigh)

exactly, this team deserves an empty stadium to say the least .  The broncos loss was really bad, taylor missed a tackle, what a laugh.  This however, the entire team wasn't ready, I mean they were terrible .  4 INT's and the so called pro bowl C can't snap. The defence never did anything either.  

Browns deserve credit, I am happy for their fans. Old Martyball in a way with the run game, and they can control a game with that OL that is much better than the steelers.  

LAST IN THE NFL IN RUSHING

thats the ben/fichner/tomlin result 

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

hopefully this is it for

Ben

Randy

Pouncey

add tomlin. I am tired of him.

Get Robert Saleh, Bienemy , thats a start. I don't know if any of those would want any of the existing staff though. Even butler would probably be gone, despite having a good defence for most of the year. 

It won't happen though.  They will keep ben and who he wants, and since tomlin is a yes man, he stays too.  I actually expect  them to give ben a new deal "to save cap space due to the covid cap " . Pouncey too, nothing will change.

The only difference will be that next year the schedule will be much more difficult and they will miss the playoffs.

lets see, in about10 hours stephen a smith , shannona and skip will all be giving their thoughts on what transpired tonight. That will be more entertaining than the game

Edited by 3rivers

I think the 2021 team will be in rebuild mode. I think they can still compete with the pieces on defense, but unless Colbert and the FO has a great offseason(landing a good vet QB like Stafford and adds good young talent to the OL) the team will have to many holes to be SB contenders...I think a WC team that goes  9-8/10-7 is the ceiling

Just now, 3rivers said:

add tomlin. I am tired of him.

Get Robert Saleh, Bienemy , thats a start

It won't happen.  They will keep ben and who he wants, and since tomlin is a yes man, he stays too. 

I'm not on the fire Tomlin train yet, but his seat needs to get hot. I hope the next guy is a offensive guru type. I want a offense like what shanny runs. maybe if the Niners have another bad yr, he might be available in 2022 👀