2020 Play-offs GDT: Super WC Weekend Round 1 Steelers vs. Browns

Steeler Hitman

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think the 2021 team will be in rebuild mode. I think they can still compete with the pieces on defense, but unless Colbert and the FO has a great offseason(landing a good vet QB like Stafford and adds good young talent to the OL) the team will have to many holes to be SB contenders...I think a WC team that goes  9-8/10-7 is the ceiling

I doubt it. They had easy schedule this year and still were the worst rushing team. If ben fichner etc return, no better than 7-9 unless the opposition are injury riddled and covid etc.  Maybe other teams will get really bad next year too, who knows, but this team will drop off and the schedule appears more difficult than 2020.  

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm not on the fire Tomlin train yet, but his seat needs to get hot. I hope the next guy is a offensive guru type. I want a offense like what shanny runs. maybe if the Niners have another bad yr, he might be available in 2022 👀

never know what will happen to various coaches. I can't think past what happened tonight. I would prefer a coach that can have the team ready for every game, especially these trap games . They should be games where a demolition is in progress.   I have reached the end most likely, I only enjoyed a few games anyways, it's just not what it was anyways.  I liked the Raves game and the titans game we had . Other than that, I don't remember much of the season.  I won't forget this game though, what a laugh this was. Pouncey, like wtf is that.

As a fan from 40 + years, it's not easy to be a fan of the team with the way they are now. They can't run the ball, the QB runs the team, can't throw deep and the overall attitude just isn't the way it used to be or should be.   The OC is the worst they have ever had.

worst rush offence

worst OC

no deep passing game

most dropped passes

tackling isn't good (not really bad though)

not much to like about this anymore and this can't be corrected overnight either.  Thats all she wrote

Edited by 3rivers

I do not think Tomlin should be fired. I’ll agree on a hotter seat, but I think that should lead to tinkering not changing. 

He pretty obviously needs to help analytically. This “gut” call thing in some situations is getting a little outta hand. He had the weirded aggressive/non-aggressive inconsistencies ever. The 4th and 1’s tonight....you need to have someone saying the right call is to go.

Old man football is making the “right call” and punting or playing field position. That doesn’t play in the NFL today. Giving up the possession was 10x more important. 

My offseason for Tomlin would be adding an analytics team (or expanding his current one) and hiring a former HC as my OC. Let him run that show and be confident that he has control of that room with his past experiences. Anthony Lynn comes to mind. 

I should add....I like Keith Butler. But it’s now 4 years of not understanding how to keep LBers off WR in game. Other teams just know our tendencies. It’s a damn “death, taxes, Steelers ILB on WR” joke on Twitter. 

Everyone knows....why can’t it be fixed? 

Just now, Dcash4 said:

I should add....I like Keith Butler. But it’s now 4 years of not understanding how to keep LBers off WR in game. Other teams just know our tendencies. It’s a damn “death, taxes, Steelers ILB on WR” joke on Twitter. 

Everyone knows....why can’t it be fixed? 

this is a problem. Still, it's way down the list for me, so much that I forgot about it for the time being - but thanks for reminding me 👏. Tonight I would say the real culprits were:

tomlin, ben pouncey , fichner of course  and JJSS for the silly words during the week which isn't required. The culture here is just wrong. Tomlin has allowed this for years, it won't end until he is gone. He can still win and get to the playoffs,  but thats it and if thats good enough, then call his the pittsburgh bungles and make sure there is a rotary phone in the FO and that the cassette is in the answering machine. 

In total seriousness... while winning this game Is an absolute dream, and as much as I loathe Ben, I hope you guys find a viable replacement. I want this rivalry to be what it once was. Two very similar cities and peoples, hating each others football teams. Mad respect to your franchise. 

4 hours ago, DR43 said:

What will we do next year?  It doesnt look like Layne is going to step up.

have issues at CB. Haden will be a cap casualty and Sutton will be gone. Seco9ndary might be on the decline to say the least and forget about the browns gifting us a CB in UFA this time.