2020 Play-offs GDT: Super WC Weekend Round 1 Steelers vs. Browns

Steeler Hitman

Every opponent the Steelers play in the playoffs is going to get Covid and the Steelers will walk to the Super Bowl.....

...only to finally get hit with their own Covid outbreak and be forced to start Duck Hodges at QB and Ray-Ray McCloud at Center against the Green Bay Packers. 

20 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Butler has been more than a good OLB coach. 

That has always been his strength. While I think signing Kevin Green would have been a great pick-up and he would have certainly added to the one on one development and pass rushing the way that Jerry Olsvsky helps with the ILB'ers. You can't take anything away from Keith Butler as a position coach.  He is an A+ as a LB coach. 

1 hour ago, Shady Slim said:

i feel so cut for joe haden, we'd better get the win for him so he can suit up in the divisional.

one of our best and most reliable guys these past three years and it's awful he can't go out there on sunday

and then what if he is a cap casualty  and we lose this game? Not how anyone wants their time to end for a team. 

On 1/5/2021 at 1:58 PM, Dcash4 said:

Every opponent the Steelers play in the playoffs is going to get Covid and the Steelers will walk to the Super Bowl.....

...only to finally get hit with their own Covid outbreak and be forced to start Duck Hodges at QB and Ray-Ray McCloud at Center against the Green Bay Packers. 

There is only one rational conclusion to draw from this scenario....

Duck Hodges = SB LV MVP.   

• Like 2

Back in 2005, the Steelers offense wasnt really that good during the regular season.     They were ultra conservative and if we hadnt changed things up before those playoffs, there is a good chance Cowher would have retired without a SB ring.

Im hoping thats what happens this year.   Granted, that 2005 team was overall much better (much better run blockers, younger Ben, more consistent defense), but Im really hoping the coaches have plans to open things up and not just try more of the same.       If nothing really changes with how the offense is run, I just hope we get completely blown out by the Browns to the point where it demoralizes Ben into retirement and makes it painfully obvious Fitcher isnt an NFL caliber coach (as if it isnt already painfully clear).    

The worst thing that could happen is that we somehow make it to the AFC Championship game, but mainly because of the defense.....because if we make it that far, I just have a feeling Ben will decide to come back for his last year under contract, and they will make very few changes...outside of the several notable free agents we lose).

Wow @43M I think we're on opposite sides of this.  I think if we lose to the Browns or in the divisional round in a close game Ben is coming back.  If we make the AFCCG, SB, or win the SB, alternatively get blown out in an earlier round, I think that Ben's gonna be gone at that point.  I think any close game makes him think he can still do it.  Any blowout, especially with him throwing multiple picks, will get the feeling from him that he just doesn't have it anymore.

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

what about Haden?

8 hours ago, 43M said:

The worst thing that could happen is that we somehow make it to the AFC Championship game, but mainly because of the defense.....because if we make it that far, I just have a feeling Ben will decide to come back for his last year under contract, and they will make very few changes...outside of the several notable free agents we lose).

This is what I see too. Ben will return no matter what, unless perhaps we win the SB and he sails off as a champion.  If he does that , maybe he will retire. He never has made the playoffs after a SB appearance, so why would that change if he wins this year especially considering all the changes on the roster due to the cap issues.   

Wins SB, retire

fire fichner , but preferably not in this order. 

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

Wow @43M I think we're on opposite sides of this.  I think if we lose to the Browns or in the divisional round in a close game Ben is coming back.  If we make the AFCCG, SB, or win the SB, alternatively get blown out in an earlier round, I think that Ben's gonna be gone at that point.  I think any close game makes him think he can still do it.  Any blowout, especially with him throwing multiple picks, will get the feeling from him that he just doesn't have it anymore.

If nothing really changes with how the offense is run, I just hope we get completely blown out by the Browns to the point where it demoralizes Ben into retirement