2020 Play-offs GDT: Super WC Weekend Round 1 Steelers vs. Browns

Steeler Hitman

10 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I do not think Tomlin should be fired. I’ll agree on a hotter seat, but I think that should lead to tinkering not changing. 

He should be, though. He should have been fired three years ago after the Jacksonville loss. The Rooney's are being way too loyal to someone who hasn't been in a SB in 10 years.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What's so torontonians can go find another team. I am about 2nd tired of seen God damn shorter tackles by him and Marcus Allen And then get shoved to the ground for the receiver or running back to gain another 20 yd

Um....what?

On 1/11/2021 at 10:34 AM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

He should be, though. He should have been fired three years ago after the Jacksonville loss. The Rooney's are being way too loyal to someone who hasn't been in a SB in 10 years.

jags game was a total embarrassment. However, there was internal turmoil with ego's from AB, Ben and Bell. Tomlin cleaned house and then the team became respectable and no more turmoil, the kardashians were out of the building.

Now who is left to blame for such a fail in that Browns game? Ben and tomlin.   Can't blame tomlin so much because he doesn't snap, doesn't want to land on the ball in the end zone (BEN NEWTON FOR NOW ON)  and tomlin isn't throwing 4 INT's either.  Tomlin didn't clean house completely like I would have wanted, ben should be gone, and should have been a few years ago.  This  organization is forcing this QB  " make this work, we don't want another malone era, we can win now"

As much as I have been a tomlin critic in the past, it has been proven that others were to blame, the egos of AB, ben and bell were a problem and then back a few years the lousy  defence as a result of spending on offence to keep ben happy . 

Everything always seems to point back at Ben. it might not be all his fault, but there are no more people left to blame.  The defence was a letdown too, but they have shown they can only hold up for so long, as most in the modern nfl can. 

As fro being too loyal for not being to SB in 10 years, that another point  of interest as many said that was mostly cowherds team back then. I can side with that,  but Tomlin was the one that let Harrison have his chance.  Still, they were terrible in the first half of that SB 45, just like wtf did they do to be so ill prepared in the first half? 

For me to watch next season, ben, fichner, OL coach, pouncey all have to be gone.  

What I think will happen? Ben says they will have discussions, this means he wants to rework his deal and play a few more years but get players he wants. It doesn't mean he wants to play for what he is worth and let them run the team the way they want. 

If they give in and let ben have his way even more just for 2 more years, this team will be near the worst for bens last  few years and a few years after.  It was proven how useless the offence was and to go on like that is futile. Then a rebuild  would take another few years, even if they have good uFA and drafts. 

On 1/11/2021 at 4:42 PM, wwhickok said:

Also Terrell Edmunds can go find another team. I am about sick and tired of seen God damn shoulder tackles by him and Marcus Allen And then they get shoved to the ground for the receiver or running back who then gains another 20 yards.

Never a fan of Edmunds but he has made some plays. For me though the word Safety on the field means last line of defence and that means range and a sure tackler. Edmunds lacks this,  missed tackles are the norm with him and his range is lacking. Minkah has range and is a good  ball hawk but not the best tackler either. Not like Troy and Clark thats for sure.  If a defences total intimidation score is a tally from every player added up in a grand total, this safety duo will keep the score lower than is SHOULD  be for an elite unit.  Good  defence  sure, but elite, not happening. Teams that run will make some plays and have their way with these 2 as I am not seeing the hits that safeties can also make.  Never a pancake form this soft OL, no game changing hits from  these safeties.Thats the state of this team, their identity is not what it was and tolerating it is another story. 

On 1/11/2021 at 6:08 PM, warfelg said:

Well welcome to the way a majority of the NFL tackles anymore.

it's almost unwatchable.  The steelers failing probably did me a favour , keeping me from watching much more.  The product isn't good unless you want to watch pass and catch all the time.  OL hold all the time it seems or most do. At least the browns OL pancaked and finish blocks and have a run game. Not many OL's do that anymore it seems .