2020 Play-offs GDT: Super WC Weekend Round 1 Steelers vs. Browns

1 minute ago, 43M said:

I just hope we get completely blown out by the Browns to the point where it demoralizes Ben into retirement 

then he can throw the defence under the bus.

I understand this view, such a loss would indicate it's time to retire. Reserves should have won, no HOF + starters loses badly.  On paper this looks bad, but when a player runs an organization the way ben does, he can do no wrong and will have his way.  He is above colbert, and will only retire when he wants, and he will pick who his coach is and who the team keeps. 

If we lose to the bucs in the SB and AB is MVP, maybe ben will talk him into returning to Pitt xD Wait, no cap space anyways👏

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Oh it's never ok vs the Browns.  Ben's their daddy.

will this game be the ultimate trap game though? Thats the concern I have, relying on Wright 50 yards isn't what we need either

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

then he can throw the defence under the bus.

I understand this view, such a loss would indicate it's time to retire. Reserves should have won, no HOF + starters loses badly.  On paper this looks bad, but when a player runs an organization the way ben does, he can do no wrong and will have his way.  He is above colbert, and will only retire when he wants, and he will pick who his coach is and who the team keeps. 

If we lose to the bucs in the SB and AB is MVP, maybe ben will talk him into returning to Pitt xD Wait, no cap space anyways👏

When has Ben EVER thrown the defense under the bus?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

okay JuJu...you can stop now 

I'm tired of JJSS social media trash.  He needs to go to NY, that's where this will catch on.  

10 hours ago, 43M said:

When has Ben EVER thrown the defense under the bus?

he hasn't but maybe soon? Hope not, but if ben fichner's offence keeps our defence on the field and it gets tired, it might happen.  The offence needs to sustain drivers and get TD's or at least own TOP more than they have. I just can't see this offence of recent time being near good enough vs many of the teams. Too bad fichner wasn't fired a while ago.  Worst rushing attack in the NFL, start there.

5 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I'm tired of JJSS social media trash.  He needs to go to NY, that's where this will catch on.  

To be fair to JuJu, the quote really isnt that bad since he is just repeating how his coach says he approaches teams as "nameless grey faces". 

But people that want to make this something to get a little juice out of will, and JuJu has just been setting up a juice stand too often for teams to swing by before the game. 

• Like 1
Just now, Dcash4 said:

In PFF's free agency predictions, they have Sutton and Hilton back to the Steelers for a combined 1 year hit of $6.75M

Lies No GIF

do PFF also say that pouncey and ben will be here as well as AV  and Haden?

On 1/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, Dcash4 said:

To be fair to JuJu, the quote really isnt that bad since he is just repeating how his coach says he approaches teams as "nameless grey faces". 

But people that want to make this something to get a little juice out of will, and JuJu has just been setting up a juice stand too often for teams to swing by before the game. 

I personally am just worried about the path he is on.

He wont be here next year, but he has started running his mouth more.   He used to be pretty mild mannered and funny.   Now he is just starting to trend towards a diva-ish attitude.  

Im not saying he IS a diva or that he will become one,  but he is getting more cocky each year.   And if the Steelers lose and he doesnt do much....he is going to get blasted for running his mouth.

Do I really care?   No.  Its a game and its trash talk.    However, when you publicly trash talk....you better back it up.  

53 minutes ago, 43M said:

I personally am just worried about the path he is on.

He wont be here next year, but he has started running his mouth more.   He used to be pretty mild mannered and funny.   Now he is just starting to trend towards a diva-ish attitude.  

Im not saying he IS a diva or that he will become one,  but he is getting more cocky each year.   And if the Steelers lose and he doesnt do much....he is going to get blasted for running his mouth.

Do I really care?   No.  Its a game and its trash talk.    However, when you publicly trash talk....you better back it up.  

Agreed.

Eve. Though a long term deal would have a lower year 1 cap hit($7-$9mill), I would rather have them throw another 2nd or 3rd rounder atWR and use that $$$ on 1 of Sutton/Hilton and probably have enough for a smaller deal for Alalulu.