• Yankees in 4
    • Astros in 5
    • Yankees in 5
    • Astros in 6
    • Yankees in 6
    • Astros in 7
    • Yankees in 7

36 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I know Astros are likely to win this series but i cant help notice there could be some interesting world series if the Yankees win... what series would you rather see

Yankees vs Cubs

Or

Yankees vs Dodgers

3 of the most storied teams in baseball. Which matchup would be better

If by "interesting" you mean "absolutely disgusting" then yes. ;) 

I said before the playoffs started that if the Yankees got through the Indians, they're going to the World Series, and I stand by that prediction.  Good pitching beats good hitting in postseason baseball, and this matchup plays right into the Yankees hands, even if the Astros have been hitting as a historic level lately.  That midseason trade for Jonas Gray looks real good right now with their pitching staff intact

54 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I said before the playoffs started that if the Yankees got through the Indians, they're going to the World Series, and I stand by that prediction.  Good pitching beats good hitting in postseason baseball, and this matchup plays right into the Yankees hands, even if the Astros have been hitting as a historic level lately.  That midseason trade for Jonas Gray looks real good right now with their pitching staff intact

Jonas Gray play football AND baseball?

Rotations work out pretty nicely for the Stros. Either have the advantage or basically even in each matchup. Keuchel/Tanaka, Verlander/Severino, Peacock/Sabathia, Morton/Gray. I could see how if you were looking at just names maybe you'd disagree but Morton and Gray have almost identical numbers, Peacock has the edge in everything over CC, Severino was the 3rd best pitcher in the AL this year but if you're gonna put a guy against him then I'll take my chances with a guy like JV, and Keuchel over Tanaka is actually a huge advantage if you consider the matchup specifically. Keuchel has owned the Yankees while we have owned Tanaka, and for game 1 Tanaka has terrible numbers on the road while Keuchel has amazing home numbers.

Works out about as well as I could have expected for the Stros. 

Archived