• Yankees in 4
    • Astros in 5
    • Yankees in 5
    • Astros in 6
    • Yankees in 6
    • Astros in 7
    • Yankees in 7

31 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Someone who watches more baseball than me I’m sure can answer this but with Sanchez having a language barrier and Tanaka as well what exactly are they saying to eachother when they visit on the mound? 

Do they just have phrases worked out in English? I always find it fascinating that people from so many backgrounds play this game at such a high level and often times can’t even communicate adequately. 

I'd imagine Gary would be telling Masa to not hit his junk.

But good question doe, because I honestly don't know.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Someone who watches more baseball than me I’m sure can answer this but with Sanchez having a language barrier and Tanaka as well what exactly are they saying to eachother when they visit on the mound? 

Do they just have phrases worked out in English? I always find it fascinating that people from so many backgrounds play this game at such a high level and often times can’t even communicate adequately. 

They both speak English

They're just not confident enough to speak it in interviews

3 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well if your gonna bad mouth his play when he isnt at his best then you should expect it back when he starts to play well. Lmao

Absolutely, no argument there. All in fun of being a rival fan. That's why I said I'm currently eating some serious crow.

Feel like whoever wins game 6 wins the series. Obvious reasons for the Yankees.... but if we're able to bounce back when the Yanks have all the momentum in the world and take game 6 then I like our chances of game 7. And unfortunately I won't be home and will be unable to watch game 6, but I'll be religiously checking the score as much as possible lol. If we lose I'll be bummed but props to Yanks starting pitching, and the opposite of props to our offense. Sheesh. They've still came up with clutch hits and would be up 3-2 if not for a bullpen collapse though. 

2 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Feel like whoever wins game 6 wins the series. Obvious reasons for the Yankees.... but if we're able to bounce back when the Yanks have all the momentum in the world and take game 6 then I like our chances of game 7. And unfortunately I won't be home and will be unable to watch game 6, but I'll be religiously checking the score as much as possible lol. If we lose I'll be bummed but props to Yanks starting pitching, and the opposite of props to our offense. Sheesh. They've still came up with clutch hits and would be up 3-2 if not for a bullpen collapse though. 

You like your chances in game 7 with the way CC has pitched this playoff year?

8 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

You like your chances in game 7 with the way CC has pitched this playoff year?

Yes, because at that point the home team would've won 6/6 games and we would've regained momentum after losing 3 straight. Wouldn't surprise me if CC came out with a gem though considering he's pitched well and our offense has sucked. 

10 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Yeah I'm sure they figure out the relevant words/phrases pretty early in spring training given that Sanchez was the starting catcher from Day 1 and Tanaka the ace. 

2 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Yes, because at that point the home team would've won 6/6 games and we would've regained momentum after losing 3 straight. Wouldn't surprise me if CC came out with a gem though considering he's pitched well and our offense has sucked. 

That's what the Indians said.

10 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Yes the home team has won 6 out of 6 but both your wins at home could have went either way with just one more big hit or a split second faster getting to a bag safely. And CC finished the Indians on the road in game 5 so i dont see it that way. I think Astros have a slight advantage for game 6 but game 7 i see a huge advantage for the Yankees.

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yes the home team has won 6 out of 6 but both your wins at home could have went either way with just one more big hit or a split second faster getting to a bag safely. And CC finished the Indians on the road in game 5 so i dont see it that way. I think Astros have a slight advantage for game 6 but game 7 i see a huge advantage for the Yankees.

Depending on who pitches game 7 for the Astros.  The advantage wont be huge for the Yankees. 

12 hours ago, mission27 said:

Yeah I'm sure they figure out the relevant words/phrases pretty early in spring training given that Sanchez was the starting catcher from Day 1 and Tanaka the ace. 

Yeah that’s what I figured. Always fascinated me about baseball, pretty cool that the best come from all over and play together at a high level. 

Archived