• Ja'Marr Chase, WR
    • DeVonta Smith, WR
    • Micah Parsons, LB
    • Jaycee Horn, CB
    • Penei Sewell, OT
    • Zach Wilson, QB
    • Gregory Rousseau, DE

Just now, EAGLES3658 said:

Except he won't be pass rushing much as a MLB.

I would rather have him as the overall leader of the defense.. Become a Luke Kuechly or Ray lewis type and do it all. Our defense has seriously lacked a player at this position since Jeremiah Trotter. 

• Like 1

Just now, eagles18 said:

I would rather have him as the overall leader of the defense.. Become a Luke Kuechly or Ray lewis type and do it all. Our defense has seriously lacked a player at this position since Jeremiah Trotter. 

I agree he is a great player. Just don't think giving a MLB huge money is the best way to allocate cap space. That is what will have to happen if he does become great because you wouldn't want him to walk after 5 seasons.

I voted for Rousseau.  Here's my thought process. 

I think Chase will be gone and I'm not sure Smith is worth the #6 pick.  

Parsons is elite but I don't like the idea of an off the ball linebacker at #6.

I'm not sure Horn is even the top CB available?  Anyways, I'd rather take a pass rusher than a secondary player with a premium pick.  

Sewell will be gone. 

I don't think QB will happen. 

Curry and Graham will both be 33 next year.  

Is Barnett going to even be retained?  You guys need to make some serious cuts and Barnett's $10 mil would be a lot of savings.  

40 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Parsons is an overall great LB.. He can cover and pass rush. 

I clicked Horn by mistake. I think we need Parsons. Our Dline is great, let's get them a bit of backup and get our DBs healthy.

However Mkinght makes a great point with the draft an Edgerusher argument. 

Go Birds

MC

Edited by Mastercheddaar

31 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I voted for Rousseau.  Here's my thought process. 

I think Chase will be gone and I'm not sure Smith is worth the #6 pick.  

Parsons is elite but I don't like the idea of an off the ball linebacker at #6.

I'm not sure Horn is even the top CB available?  Anyways, I'd rather take a pass rusher than a secondary player with a premium pick.  

Sewell will be gone. 

I don't think QB will happen. 

Curry and Graham will both be 33 next year.  

Is Barnett going to even be retained?  You guys need to make some serious cuts and Barnett's $10 mil would be a lot of savings.  

If we're considering taking Rosseau, I do hope we trade down to like 9-13 range and just see about either taking him, Paye, or Farley/Surtain if one of them drops. Or heck Devonta Smith if he drops as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

If we're considering taking Rosseau, I do hope we trade down to like 9-13 range and just see about either taking him, Paye, or Farley/Surtain if one of them drops. Or heck Devonta Smith if he drops as well.

There's no chance that Paye is worth a top ten pick - so that absolutely means that we will take him in a trade back. 

If we can drop down to 9-13 and get Smith, Rosseau, Farley or Micah then that would be ideal. 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

There's no chance that Paye is worth a top ten pick - so that absolutely means that we will take him in a trade back. 

If we can drop down to 9-13 and get Smith, Rosseau, Farley or Micah then that would be ideal. 

I don't think Micah is there at 9. Honestly the lowest I see him falling is 7 to Detroit.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Really?  The guy had like 15 sacks last year. He’s a legit prospect, I wouldn’t blink at taking him at 6.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Really?  The guy had like 15 sacks last year. He’s a legit prospect, I wouldn’t blink at taking him at 6.

He won with athleticism, his pass rushing arsenal is not great right now. Maybe he's worked on it during his time off. 

To me, he's not any better then Jaelean Phillips or Ojulari and I have them both at the end of the first, mid second right now.