Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks -- Wildcard Round

showtime

A third match-up after the teams split the regular season series 1-1. The big story here is that Jared Goff may not be able to play. If Goff is able to play, it'll be interesting to see how effective he is out there. Seattle's defense looked like it was on pace for being one of the worst of all-time, but they have turned things around during the second half of the season. The defensive line is playing much better and they're winning battles in the trenches.

These games are always unpredictable and seemingly always come down to the wire, so I'm expecting the same on Saturday.

Some notes about John Wolford - He made some really nice throws against the Cardinals yesterday. He plays with a lot of confidence. Also, he's extremely mobile, which is different than Jared Goff. While Goff can move, he can't run like this guy.  Because Seattle is uncertain about who will play, it kind of scares me because Taysom Hill caught some teams off-guard this season when he played.  Not saying Wolford is Hill, but he looked pretty good yesterday at times.

As it pains me to say this, I think y’all will be fine. It is surprising Goff will actually try to play on Saturday after surgery. I don’t think he will be effective. Whit is coming back from an mcl injury quick too and he is extremely old. He will help the OL obviously but idk how much? Akers and Henderson obviously are hurt. Akers is trying to tough it out but he won’t be the same as before the injury. 

The Rams literally coming in limping and I can see a scenario where the defense plays well and just like Week 16 end up breaking in the 4th to allow the Seahawks to put the game away and win by double digit points. Best case scenario is the defense get a defensive td, Wolford plays and continue his good play from Arizona and find the end zone twice and the Rams win a close one. I won’t hold my breath on that though. The Seahawks should win this game and the only reason for them not to win is because the Rams since 2014 has had the Seahawks number beating them 9 out of the last 14 times they played them. That’s mostly due to the defense getting after Wilson and the McVay coming along and his offensive scheme has worked against the Seahawks defense. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Whit is coming back from an mcl injury quick too and he is extremely old. He will help the OL obviously but idk how much?

I'm guessing a great deal. Just his leadership and presence alone will be huge.  He's coming back at a great time because Seattle's defense has started playing well.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

As it pains me to say this, I think y’all will be fine. It is surprising Goff will actually try to play on Saturday after surgery. I don’t think he will be effective. Whit is coming back from an mcl injury quick too and he is extremely old. He will help the OL obviously but idk how much? Akers and Henderson obviously are hurt. Akers is trying to tough it out but he won’t be the same as before the injury. 

The Rams literally coming in limping and I can see a scenario where the defense plays well and just like Week 16 end up breaking in the 4th to allow the Seahawks to put the game away and win by double digit points. Best case scenario is the defense get a defensive td, Wolford plays and continue his good play from Arizona and find the end zone twice and the Rams win a close one. I won’t hold my breath on that though. The Seahawks should win this game and the only reason for them not to win is because the Rams since 2014 has had the Seahawks number beating them 9 out of the last 14 times they played them. That’s mostly due to the defense getting after Wilson and the McVay coming along and his offensive scheme has worked against the Seahawks defense. 

The thing is, you all have a defense that is capable of huge game swinging plays. Aaron Donald is the scariest defender in the league, imo.  He can heavily impact a game on his own. Jalen Ramsey has done a good job on DK Metcalf this season, etc.

Really hope Seattle isn't overlooking the Rams in the sense that Goff may not play and they'll have a backup QB in. This is still a playoff team with one of the best young coaches in the league and a defense that has some serious game changers. Hopefully, Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner and some of the other vets can get these young guns to dial in and focus.

Coach Pete Carroll said after the game the initial word from the team's medical staff is that Adams will play Saturday, though he stopped well short of declaring that. Carroll was again noncommittal Monday on 710 ESPN Seattle while giving the impression that Adams is going to have to play through a legitimate injury if he's able to play at all.

I think we win this game. I just dont see us going much farther if our offense doesnt figure it out. Its a real pain to watch. Russ has been absolute garbage the last 6 or 7 games with a few glimpses of his early season success. Jets game doesnt count. I know its not all his fault but he def is being very hesitant lately instead of slinging it like he was first half. 

overall though, i think we win this game by 10 or more. The guys will be hyped and i think the defense will play well and get a couple big turnovers that will turn into points for us. All i know is, if we eventually have to go to green bay we are going to get shmoked

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Landog3 said:

I think we win this game. I just dont see us going much farther if our offense doesnt figure it out. Its a real pain to watch. Russ has been absolute garbage the last 6 or 7 games with a few glimpses of his early season success. Jets game doesnt count. I know its not all his fault but he def is being very hesitant lately instead of slinging it like he was first half. 

overall though, i think we win this game by 10 or more. The guys will be hyped and i think the defense will play well and get a couple big turnovers that will turn into points for us. All i know is, if we eventually have to go to green bay we are going to get shmoked

Yeah i don't know what's going on with Wilson his deep throws seem to be off target which he usually hits.

Edited by Sacks98