2020 Wild Card: 5) Baltimore Ravens @ 4) Tennessee Titans

notthatbluestuff

2020 Wild Card: 5) Baltimore Ravens @ 4) Tennessee Titans  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Tennessee Titans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2021 at 07:23 PM

Could be a shootout, I hope we win it but the Titans wouldn't have been my first choice of potential matchups. 

I like our squad against anyone, but there's no real way to avoid the elephant in the room that is Derrick Henry, as well as AJ Brown catching deep dots from Tannehill. 

I will still go to bat for Harbaugh and Lamar if we lose. Not really hinging too much judgment on this one game as I think it is better to be known as a playoff choker than not be known at all, because at least then you are probably still relevant. We are a young team with a bright future in a stacked conference. So either way I am just having fun with these early days of the Lamar era for Baltimore. 

That being said, Tannehill, AJ Brown, and Derrick Henry are playing championship football, so naturally we will beat the flaming thumb tacks and send them home crying like we did Eddie George and CJ2k. 

See you on Sunday ;)

I remember watching the first game between the two teams this year, and just coming away with the impression that the Ravens are overall a little better team but Lamar missed crucial throws to put that game away. Titans got a little momentum and to their credit were able to finish the Ravens off.

Lamar needs to be better to win this one. 

I think the Titans are going to anticipate us being overly amped to stop Henry this game and I can see them heavily using him as a decoy most of the 1st few drives. PA bootlegs, reverses, screens, etc to guys like AJ, Davis, and Jonnu Smith.

We’ll see if the Ravens can stop the Titans from capitalizing on those looks and prevent themselves from getting in a hole early like the last 2 playoff games.

• Like 1

Its going to be tough to beat a team 3 times in a calendar year but the Titans seem to defend Lamar well. 

The Ravens are the hot team going in this time and look a lot better than they did in Week 11.

The Titans can't afford to start slow like they've had against GB, CLE, Pittsburgh and even vs Baltimore. If they go down 21-10 again, it's going to be challenging to come back.

Baltimore/Tennesse is a pseudo division game at this point. Both teams know each other pretty well.

9 hours ago, RayLew52 said:

Last year means squat.. Earlier this season means squat.. Both teams are different right now then they were then..

The regular season means squat.  Playoffs are a totally different animal and its what separates the good coaches and players from the great ones. 

On 1/4/2021 at 3:12 PM, Thomas5737 said:

I think this will be a really high scoring affair. The running clock is the only thing that will keep it from being 100 total points.

Per the NFL rulebook, isn't the clock the only thing stopping every game from reaching at least 100 total points?

• Like 2

Titans/Ravens rivalry suddenly being revived is a welcomed sight for this longtime fan. I know far too many Ravens fans for my liking.

If the Titans beat them a third straight time, including back to back knockouts in the playoffs, I’d be highly unbearable to those folks.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Titans/Ravens rivalry suddenly being revived is a welcomed sight for this longtime fan.

Even for a non fan, it's good. I just like this brand of football, and neither team has really changed their identity - they both hit hard, they both play physical.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 7:39 PM, Ray Reed said:

I think the Titans are going to anticipate us being overly amped to stop Henry this game and I can see them heavily using him as a decoy most of the 1st few drives. PA bootlegs, reverses, screens, etc to guys like AJ, Davis, and Jonnu Smith.

We’ll see if the Ravens can stop the Titans from capitalizing on those looks and prevent themselves from getting in a hole early like the last 2 playoff games.

This is exactly what I see happening. First offensive play I can see them going for a play action bomb.

• Like 1

I feel like Tennessee really needs to take the lead in this one. 

If they can keep churning out first downs with Henry, and keep Lamar off the field against their poor defense, it's a good recipe to success. If Baltimore force Tennessee to use their passing game predominantly, whilst feasting on that 3rd down defense - it will be a long day for TEN.

Hard to call, but I'll go for Lamar and co. establishing the lead and keeping it

BAL - 31

TEN - 27