2020 Wild Card: 5) Baltimore Ravens @ 4) Tennessee Titans

notthatbluestuff

2020 Wild Card: 5) Baltimore Ravens @ 4) Tennessee Titans  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Tennessee Titans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2021 at 07:23 PM

1 minute ago, RavensDefense3 said:

titans defense has given us trouble in all 3 games within the last year for whatever reason it's just a terrible matchup.

Flatout rivalry... Just like Steelers-Ravens. Guys show up. Only rivalry I can think of where this isn't the case is Steelers-Patriots where we always get dragged out to the wood shed.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

I don't think anyone defending him is saying he's an all time great like those guys, but this narrative that he can't win in the playoffs is undoubtedly gone as you also alluded to. 

I grew up rooting for an 0-3 start Randall Cunningham. I completely understand how it feels.

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Vrabel complaining about the refs not calling penalties while his team scored their only TD off of a no-call OPI and the Ravens were "stopped" on 4th down by a garbage OPI call is...interesting.

Disagree that it was OPI due to how your DBs play but yeah... An absolutely terrible look from Vrabel.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Can you PLEASE stop acting like the only thing that matters to Ravens fans is that Lamar is the top X of online, internet rankings, of bestest, most elite, goatest, quarterbackers of all time Yes, Lamar is somewhere between the best QB in the league and the worst. Cool.

Wining a playoff game was HUGE for the Ravens. WInning a game when we were down was HUGE gor the Ravens. Winning against the Titans was HUGE for the Ravens. That's what's important now and that matters much more the thing you are trying to debate.

People here acting like the lAmAr CaN't WiN a PlAyOfF gAmE was NEVER a narrative are frankly out of touch, acting like everything out there that players have to hear daily is super sophisticated. It was 1000% something that weighed on Lamar a ton.

The bold above means you are angry and disrespectful and looking for a fight.

If you can't get that then we can't help you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Yeah I don't know where this "bad Titans D" I always hear about has been the last 3 years. They show up against us in ways entire teams don't

i mean, last year our defense was good lol. it was kinda bend-don't-break so the yardage numbers were average but we were top 10 in scoring defense. still weak with the pass rush but good LB play, good secondary, good run defense. all of those things imploded entirely this year but we're always worse against passing teams (e.g. get lit up by deshaun watson every time we play no matter how bad the texans are). our best hope is against running teams, so you guys are a better matchup for us in that regard, but lately we hadn't even been very good against the run lol

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Disagree that it was OPI due to how your DBs play but yeah... An absolutely terrible look from Vrabel.

I mean yeah I can see how it wasn't called, but FWIW the referees were consistent with that level of physicality being allowed all day long on both sides. It's just weird to see him complaining about non-calls when his team literally scored their only touchdown because of one.

3 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Second straight year where Jeffrey Simmons turned into Aaron Donald against us. He's a superstar in my head as a result but I also have no idea how he actually plays the rest of the time lol. 

I hate players like that. That's Sammy Watkins against the niners for me

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, last year our defense was good lol. it was kinda bend-don't-break so the yardage numbers were average but we were top 10 in scoring defense. still weak with the pass rush but good LB play, good secondary, good run defense. all of those things imploded entirely this year but we're always worse against passing teams (e.g. get lit up by deshaun watson every time we play no matter how bad the texans are). our best hope is against running teams, so you guys are a better matchup for us in that regard, but lately we hadn't even been very good against the run lol

I think Vrabel eats Roman's lunch on the gameplanning too. It seemed like a couple times you guys were beating us to the spot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

The bold above means you are angry and disrespectful and looking for a fight.

If you can't get that then we can't help you.

The bold above means you are again putting yourself in the righteous guardians of football eliteness, which iis cool.

And no, I am actually FAR from angry at the moment, thanks for checking in though :). Not even NFL General logic can get me down today.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Welp... Lamar can win in the playoffs. That narrative is now dead, right?

It was never a narrative according to this thread.

Ignore the fact that literally every question Lamar is getting right now is about that narrative.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Are we really calling down 10-0 in the first a comeback?

And as someone who's never been anti-Lamar, are we not going to ignore that the Titans D has been trash all season. The narratives against Lamar are and always have been trash. But I'd be lying if I said that today proved anything new other than he may actually be faster than I thought based on that 50+ yard TD run.

So my issue is that people were using the fact that he can't come back as a strike against him - and the announcers of today's game were the ones who brought up the "down 10 points" thing specifically

It feels unfair for people to use "can't come from behind" as an attack, but Lamar defenders cannot use "he just came back from 10 points" as a defense

• Like 3