2020 Wild Card: 5) Baltimore Ravens @ 4) Tennessee Titans

2020 Wild Card: 5) Baltimore Ravens @ 4) Tennessee Titans  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Tennessee Titans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2021 at 07:23 PM

3 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Disagree that it was OPI due to how your DBs play but yeah... An absolutely terrible look from Vrabel.

Agreed. I think it was a fair no call, my only gripe is that if they weren’t going to call the OPI there or call the offensive holds (which holding calls have been down all year, which I’m definitely good with tbqh) by the OL, then to call such a soft call just goes against what you’re dictating your crew is allowing.

But yeah, agreed. Good no call. All I want from a ref crew as a fan (and certainly when I was a player) is consistent calls. Let me know how you’re going to ref the game and as a player, I’ll adjust. When refs are ‘one sided’ or ‘switch it up’ annoys me. All things considered, I thought these refs were ‘solid’. They were generally consistent and I felt that they missed some obvious holds from Quessenbery on Ngakoue, but again... those calls are down across the league, so that seems to be by design.

They certainly didn’t ruin the game though for either side. So it’s just weird that Vrabel would complain about that. He should be complaining about whatever analytics guy on his staff told him to not go for it on 4th and 2, that was absolutely embarrassing.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't think the Titans do many sweeps. We saw them try to run stretches a few times but our OLB's (mainly McPhee) just shut that down all day long. Hard to say what Baltimore did to adjust to the picks/crossing routes in the 2nd half but we locked it down.

They switched on the crossers in the game so as to not give up the rub routes easy completions. They made that adjustment in the second half.

Tannehill was outgained by Lamar through the air and threw the game losing pick, so surely the top minds of FF will start the "Tannehill isn't a real QB" and "Tannehill doesn't have an NFL arm" talks soon right?

Right?

can we finally see how stupid the desperate narratives surrounding Lamar have been all along and just enjoy a unique talent now?

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Tannehill was outgained by Lamar through the air and threw the game losing pick, so surely the top minds of FF will start the "Tannehill isn't a real QB" and "Tannehill doesn't have an NFL arm" talks soon right?

To be honest, if you look at his playoff resumé, it pretty much sucks. I mean there's not a lot there, but twice as many games as Lamar got before people labeled him a postseason loser.

28 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Right?

can we finally see how stupid the desperate narratives surrounding Lamar have been all along and just enjoy a unique talent now?

That happened to p. manning too when he went 0-fer in his first playoff games.

it will happen until you win your first.

if you lose 2 in a row, its just gonna happen

and congrats to lamar, he broke it.

19 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

^ More context for people who are less aware that this rivalry/bad blood goes 2 ways.

I think Lamar took that personally.

What, a middle finger from a terrible CB that isn't really a threat? 

I'm sure Lamar didn't really care about this sheep's opinion.

As for the pick, it was all on Lamar, Butler done nothing that stood out.

6 hours ago, BigTrav said:

What, a middle finger from a terrible CB that isn't really a threat? 

I'm sure Lamar didn't really care about this sheep's opinion.

As for the pick, it was all on Lamar, Butler done nothing that stood out.

Butler was targeted five times, allowed two catches for 11 yards. So something doesn’t really add up there with that analysis. 

49 minutes ago, CosmicCrown said:

Butler was targeted five times, allowed two catches for 11 yards. So something doesn’t really add up there with that analysis. 

So Butler was targeted because he flipped Lamar the bird? Not because he's a terrible CB?

Something doesn't add up with that analysis. Maybe you could sell it to ESPN. Sounds exactly like a social media headline

'Lamar targets 43th ranked CB because he gave middle finger'. 

30 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

So Butler was targeted because he flipped Lamar the bird? Not because he's a terrible CB?

Something doesn't add up with that analysis. Maybe you could sell it to ESPN. Sounds exactly like a social media headline

'Lamar targets 43th ranked CB because he gave middle finger'. 

He sure struggled to pass against Butler for him being a terrible cornerback. But go off on whatever weird rant you want 🤷🏼‍♂️